Derbyshire Cricket 2017

oomarkwright

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the second time I've had the chance to see Derbyshire this season tonight. Afridi's batting was probably one of the best individual performances I've seen in person. Thought we were ok, the gulf in class in every department but it was no disgrace. Hope they can keep building on nights like this, I enjoy going to see them.

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Only the second time I've had the chance to see Derbyshire this season tonight. Afridi's batting was probably one of the best individual performances I've seen in person. Thought we were ok, the gulf in class in every department but it was no disgrace. Hope they can keep building on nights like this, I enjoy going to see them.

Some buffet bowling to say the least though. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had an improved season last year.  Well worth the £139 membership.  Only been watching it for 3 or 4 years myself and not fully understanding all the rules.  Just have to listen to some of the old boys, they seem to know 'em.  Can't get to every match but it's a good day out.

Just now, S Hunter said:

Had an improved season last year.  Well worth the £139 membership.  Only been watching it for 3 or 4 years myself and not fully understanding all the rules.  Just have to listen to some of the old boys, they seem to know 'em.  Can't get to every match but it's a good day out.

Now they're easy.....

- each team has a turn at batting called an "innings"

- when it's a batsmans turn, he is "in" at which point he goes out onto the field.

- the other side try to get the batsman "out". When he's out, he comes back in.

- when everyone's out on a team, then they're all in, so they swap and go out. 

- highest score wins 

:lol:

On 23/12/2017 at 08:59, HantsRam said:

Now they're easy.....

- each team has a turn at batting called an "innings"

- when it's a batsmans turn, he is "in" at which point he goes out onto the field.

- the other side try to get the batsman "out". When he's out, he comes back in.

- when everyone's out on a team, then they're all in, so they swap and go out. 

- highest score wins 

:lol:

You might even bowl a maiden over, if you're lucky.

Archived