Derbyshire Cricket 2017

oomarkwright

5 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

His figures are outstanding 26.3 overs, 120 dot balls, Mendis 26 overs, 2-80, 103 dot balls.

His first innings figures 15-8-16-1, 90 balls, 79 dot balls. Add to that, not out in either innings, plus a catch!

He's also the first person,born in the 21st century, to play in the County Championship. A 4-day wonder or a new super-star?

Even more remarkable according to the commentary he only came to England at the age of 11, so I'm guessing although cricket popular in Afghanistan, he's maybe only been getting coached the last 5 years or so!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I'm off to Chesterfield tomorrow, never been before so if anyone has any tips welcomed.

Best place to eat is a little cafe outside the ground. If you are in the pavilion it is opposite the gate to your right. 

20 minutes ago, sage said:

Best place to eat is a little cafe outside the ground. If you are in the pavilion it is opposite the gate to your right. 

We were going to take a picnic - I assume that is allowed.  I am guessing there is no chance it'll be full for day 1 of a 4 day game?

Am I also right in assuming that they have temporary stands?

12 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

We were going to take a picnic - I assume that is allowed.  I am guessing there is no chance it'll be full for day 1 of a 4 day game?

Am I also right in assuming that they have temporary stands?

A picnic is a good idea and no it won't be full. There is temporary seating. You are only allowed in the pavilion if you are a member. 

Are you driving?

P.s. you can take s couple of beers or a bottle of wine in with you. 

25 minutes ago, sage said:

A picnic is a good idea and no it won't be full. There is temporary seating. You are only allowed in the pavilion if you are a member. 

Are you driving?

P.s. you can take s couple of beers or a bottle of wine in with you. 

We were going to take the train actually.  I have just found an article on the DCCC website saying no alcohol can be taken in.  Also saw that Imran Tahir is due to make his debut.

Are you going?

17 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

We were going to take the train actually.  I have just found an article on the DCCC website saying no alcohol can be taken in.  Also saw that Imran Tahir is due to make his debut.

Are you going?

Oh. They let you take alcohol in to 4 day games at Derby. 

I am going to the third day. Currently in Scarborough for the cricket festival here. 

A bit of a topsy-turvy day today at Chezzy, n'est-ce pas?

Derbyshire were 74-3 when I checked just before lunch, then when I was leaving work I turned on ther car radio just as Critchley went to his hundred, and I thought we were sitting very pretty at 230-odd for 4. I got home (I deserted the cricket in favour of listening to The Infinite Monkey Cage - best show on the radio by far), checked the latest and Derbyshire had collapsed to 266-9.

Imagine my surprise when at close of play they had clawed their way up to 332-9 with Sandhu, on debut, and Billy Godleman sharing an unbroken last-wicket partnership of 66.

2 hours ago, ramblur said:

All this talk of crick at Chesterfield is making me very jealous:(

I'd have thought that you would have your hurley out this time of the year.

Ha,as a kid I was always fascinated by the bits of the All Ireland Hurling final shown on Grandstand. I was always pretty good at racquet sports and not bad at cricket,so when a newly acquired friend (after I'd been in the country a couple of weeks)gave me the chance to have a go in my back garden,I was well up for it,though I expressed my concern about possibly hitting a neighbouring greenhouse miles away. Anyway,I tossed the sliotar up,took an almighty swing,and the thing landed a couple of feet away (the greenhouse was fine). Never tried it again.

Love the game though-it's incredibly skillful and fast moving.

16 hours ago, eddie said:

A bit of a topsy-turvy day today at Chezzy, n'est-ce pas?

Derbyshire were 74-3 when I checked just before lunch, then when I was leaving work I turned on ther car radio just as Critchley went to his hundred, and I thought we were sitting very pretty at 230-odd for 4. I got home (I deserted the cricket in favour of listening to The Infinite Monkey Cage - best show on the radio by far), checked the latest and Derbyshire had collapsed to 266-9.

Imagine my surprise when at close of play they had clawed their way up to 332-9 with Sandhu, on debut, and Billy Godleman sharing an unbroken last-wicket partnership of 66.

Very topsy turvy, clawed it right back to 368 all out.

Godleman caught behind on 98, Sandhu unbeaten on 46.

Archived