Derbyshire Cricket 2017

oomarkwright

On 7/4/2017 at 10:10, Phoenix said:

Is Hurling anything akin to Shinty? Once saw a Shinty match up on the West of Scotland. The definitive example of a game for hooligans, played by hooligans.

Don't know the game,but judging by your description,I'd say a definite no. You could easily catch a good hurling game by throwing "All Ireland Hurling Final" into you tube,and take your pick of the year.All you really need to know is that it's 3 points for a goal,and 1 for anything above the bar and within the extended uprights....then sit back and enjoy.Believe me,there's a hell of a lot of skill involved in that game,and it's often pretty exciting.Might even watch one myself now.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went today. It was lovely at Chesterfield in the sunshine and looking around the crowd I felt young again (in comparison).

Hughes played well as did Reece. I think we are going to need to spin them out to win tomorrow.

19 hours ago, ramblur said:

BLAST,where are all you Derbyshire followers after a thumping win? Silly me,still in the bars:p

2 wins in 2. Imran Tahir - absolute bloody hero (not my pic - shamelessly stolen from the Beeb from a few days ago).

_96805004_imrantahir.jpg

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's going on @eddie Cork on Sky says him and Wright are coaching?!

John Wright's been so successful coaching Mumbai Indians in the IPL, it's brilliant that he's helping Derbyshire in the T20 format of the game. Didn't know that Corky was involved though.

3 hours ago, eddie said:

2 wins in 2. Imran Tahir - absolute bloody hero (not my pic - shamelessly stolen from the Beeb from a few days ago).

_96805004_imrantahir.jpg

Own up eddie,you were feeding him Belgian beer on the boundary:p

Good old Derbyshire,cheered me up no end.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Thouroghly enjoyed watching us trounce Worcestershire this evening. All the work put into the t20 team getting its reward. 3 wins from 4, great stuff :)

Great win, looked a decent team. Is Viljoen still unfit or just not very good?

7 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Great win, looked a decent team. Is Viljoen still unfit or just not very good?

Think it was Mark Butcher mentioned on commentary that his knee was heavily strapped in the warm up, so I still don't think he's 100%. He's bowled fairly well in the previous t20 games to be fair.

Matt Henry is a bigger concern, as the front line overseas bowler, he keeps going round the park. To be fair to him, he keeps taking the last over where you expect the batsmen to come after you, but we need an it more from him.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Think it was Mark Butcher mentioned on commentary that his knee was heavily strapped in the warm up, so I still don't think he's 100%. He's bowled fairly well in the previous t20 games to be fair.

Matt Henry is a bigger concern, as the front line overseas bowler, he keeps going round the park. To be fair to him, he keeps taking the last over where you expect the batsmen to come after you, but we need an it more from him.

Matt Henry is only here for the 20/20....Viljoen is here for the season and beyond and was supposed to replace the wickets that Footit gave us, was going to help us bowl teams out and win matches. Far more of a concern for me.....

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Matt Henry is only here for the 20/20....Viljoen is here for the season and beyond and was supposed to replace the wickets that Footit gave us, was going to help us bowl teams out and win matches. Far more of a concern for me.....

Viljoen won't do much in the championship I'm afraid, and to be honest  neither are Derbyshire this season. He will be seen as a dud signing unless he plays his part in getting us through the group in the t20, quarter finals should be a realistic aim now.

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

What a thriller that was.

Gutted that little bit of bowling indiscipline did for them, the extras really count in 20/20. 7 balls made all the difference.

Yeah just said that to my mate who was at the game and is a big Notts fan, we lost it with the extras. 

Great effort from the batsmen though.

Archived