Derbyshire Cricket 2017

oomarkwright

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Hope for better this season. Maybe next to bottom n season can last till august. 

Well they have brought in another strike bowler (a year too late) so we actually bowl the odd team out this season.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm off to a friends stag doo on Sat 8th July at Chesterfield, for the Derbyshire v Yorkshire game, looking forward to it.

I'll be in Glasgow on the Friday night to see Radiohead then down to the cricket, I'll be flying the Aberdeenshire Rams flag, so if anybody's going and fancies a footie chat whilst enjoying the cricket, and a beer then come over and say hello.

Then after the cricket we are heading back into Derby as the Derby Beer Festival is on, bring it on!

http://cricket.derbyshireccc.com/queens-park-chesterfield/

20g1mpy.jpg

On 3 Apr 2017 at 21:06, Inverurie Ram said:

I'm off to a friends stag doo on Sat 8th July at Chesterfield, for the Derbyshire v Yorkshire game, looking forward to it.

I'll be in Glasgow on the Friday night to see Radiohead then down to the cricket, I'll be flying the Aberdeenshire Rams flag, so if anybody's going and fancies a footie chat whilst enjoying the cricket, and a beer then come over and say hello.

Then after the cricket we are heading back into Derby as the Derby Beer Festival is on, bring it on!

http://cricket.derbyshireccc.com/queens-park-chesterfield/

20g1mpy.jpg

Radiohead and cricket... This is indeed a heavenly combination. Enjoy mate. 

Does anyone know why Derbyshire aren't playing today on the first day of the season ?

Not really close to  county cricket but look for Derbys scores . Always struggle to understand whether they are playing or not or what tournament they are playing in on any given day. Seems a bit of a mystery to someone following from a distance.

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Does anyone know why Derbyshire aren't playing today on the first day of the season ?

Not really close to  county cricket but look for Derbys scores . Always struggle to understand whether they are playing or not or what tournament they are playing in on any given day. Seems a bit of a mystery to someone following from a distance.

Join the crowd. The whole thing is a hotch-potch with a view to one thing - CASH. I sometimes wonder if the players themselves know what format they'll be playing in their next match. We all have to kneel before the great God 20/20.

Okay, I'm a traditionalist  but it does seem a bit odd that the County championship, which someone has called 'Summers Crown', goes on hold for the summer months, and then picks up again towards Autumn, when the less-settled weather arrives.

Here's the official fixture list

http://cricket.derbyshireccc.com/team-fixtures-and-results/1st-xi/

By the way, the County championship has been reduced to 14 fixtures, which means 2 Counties are played only once in the season, one of them being our adjourning  neighbours Leicestershire. You couldn't make it up.

I've been watching Imran Tahir over recent weeks (in tests, ODIs and the IPL). Bloody Nora, this guy is going to take some wickets. I can't pick his wrong un even on a slow motion replay.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

How are the team getting on?

Just saw we had a no result against Durham cos of rain, but it looked as though they'd have put together a hefty score, being 190 -odd for 2.

Lost both 4 day games and today was the first 50 over match.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

... until today when they've  bowled out the mighty Notts for 229!

Top class performance with the ball, pitch generally favours pace, now can they bat better tomorrow?

Archived