Steve McClaren on sky sports news tomorrow from 10am

Sexydadbod

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't say he has unfinished business at Derby, just for claritys sake. He said he HAD unfinished business here and that's why he came back, and that he still has unfinished business in the championship. 

1 minute ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Can someone let me know if we ever find out who Collymore was slipping it up the wrong un.  My money is on Moira Stewart.

If we keep mentioning his name he just might come on here and tell us himself. He's like a fly around crap if there's any chance of him getting some attention. 

My gut feeling is that Mac2 was far from 1st choice for Mel but he thought him worth a punt given he knew the club and a lot of the players so lightening may luckily strike twice with Mac coming in and taking us to a run at the play offs which kind of happened then the Mac speciality nose dive kicked in , rowett was available so good night Vienna ,, I don't believe mel trusted Mac with the cheque book in the summer to build a promotion challenging team and for what it's worth my gut feeling is that if Mac had some how got us up through the play offs mel would have still got rid and brought in a manager he felt could take us to the next level which certainly is not S Mac ,, I honestly believe Mel will be that totally ruthless in persuit of success for Derby county , whether it will work or not we all have our opinions but hey I say why not , it's kind of good to have a leader at the top who don't give a stuff about anybody or anything else other than making Derby a top club again

I know he can't say much due to contractual obligations but he didn't need to say some of the nicer things he did, could have been a lot more of a **** about us and MM.

He even called them lot down the A52 "Notts Forest", top job. 

7 minutes ago, archied said:

My gut feeling is that Mac2 was far from 1st choice for Mel but he thought him worth a punt given he knew the club and a lot of the players so lightening may luckily strike twice with Mac coming in and taking us to a run at the play offs which kind of happened then the Mac speciality nose dive kicked in , rowett was available so good night Vienna ,, I don't believe mel trusted Mac with the cheque book in the summer to build a promotion challenging team and for what it's worth my gut feeling is that if Mac had some how got us up through the play offs mel would have still got rid and brought in a manager he felt could take us to the next level which certainly is not S Mac ,, I honestly believe Mel will be that totally ruthless in persuit of success for Derby county , whether it will work or not we all have our opinions but hey I say why not , it's kind of good to have a leader at the top who don't give a stuff about anybody or anything else other than making Derby a top club again

Mel definitely would've been able to prise Rowett away from Birmingham if he was a preferred candidate over McClaren. Trying to apply logic to Mel's scattergun approach to recruitment is like a broken pencil, pointless.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

Mel definitely would've been able to prise Rowett away from Birmingham if he was a preferred candidate over McClaren. Trying to apply logic to Mel's scattergun approach to recruitment is like a broken pencil, pointless.

A broken pencil is essentially a stick/twig, and they can be quite useful in the right circumstances

40 minutes ago, archied said:

Absolutely spot on. 

29 minutes ago, Anon said:

At a cost of how much? 

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

At a cost of how much? 

Substantially less than it cost to buy Nick Blackman. I keep getting told that money isn't an obstacle and he is willing to give all resources available to his managers to achieve promotion every time I complain about irresponsible spending, so I struggle to believe that Mel would baulk at the relatively paltry sum required to actually bring the right manager in.

We were on a downward spiral, heading for league 1 and Mac was bought in to steady the ship, rebuild in the summer and go again next year. He certainly stopped the dive, got us within touching distance, but it started going wrong again. For me though, I hoped Mac was seeing exactly who was up for the fight.

I defend Mel constantly, but I don't think you can blame Mac for being disappointed. Mel did nothing but put substance to some of the meddling/megalomaniac rumours by sacking Mac for a second time.

You saw on Saturday for the whole first half and the last few minutes, 11 players many of which not up to it.

I would hope that Macs comments today may draw Mel out from the shadows, with him agreeing to an interview with RD and give the fans reassurance and put these silly rumours to bed,  before The Derby away turns out to be a dead end.

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Did you miss the pun Saint?

Oh, I have pun sense intentionally turned off when I come on this forum, so yes. 

3 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

Clement's the one I wish we'd given more time to...he's got a fantastic grounding at some of the biggest clubs in the game and look at the improvement he's made at Swansea.

We went top on boxing day last season and, alright, in spite of the team's usual new year dip we were still 5th when he got the elbow.

He only ever talked about auto promo in his interviews as well and I  believe he'd of got us there eventually.

Yes the football wasn't always pretty but he was less kamikaze than McLaren.

That's insulting to kamikazes because they had a plan and clearly knew what they were doing.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We were on a downward spiral, heading for league 1 and Mac was bought in to steady the ship, rebuild in the summer and go again next year. He certainly stopped the dive, got us within touching distance, but it started going wrong again. For me though, I hoped Mac was seeing exactly who was up for the fight.

I defend Mel constantly, but I don't think you can blame Mac for being disappointed. Mel did nothing but put substance to some of the meddling/megalomaniac rumours by sacking Mac for a second time.

You saw on Saturday for the whole first half and the last few minutes, 11 players many of which not up to it.

I would hope that Macs comments today may draw Mel out from the shadows, with him agreeing to an interview with RD and give the fans reassurance and put these silly rumours to bed,  before The Derby away turns out to be a dead end.

I'm not I get your point about Saturday. What do think changed in the second half (until the dying minutes)? Can't have been anything to do with meddling from MM. 

2 hours ago, archied said:

i think,looking at the big picture,this is spot on....

i just want it to work out now and for gods sake,give gw the time he needs mel.

Archived