Steve McClaren on sky sports news tomorrow from 10am

Sexydadbod

First question from a mr c gibson of derby

"steve it was all very lovely and then something went  a bit wrong but i suppose thats just the way it is and there wasn't much anyone could do. Just have to dust ourselves down and go again?"

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Unfinished business... <_<

Like how someone might feel they have unfinished business with a bank that stops lending him money cos he's not meeting payments. 

McClaren today told Sky Sports News: "Five months ago I knew I was coming to a volatile environment.

"I was the sixth manager in 18 months since Mel Morris has taken over the club and I knew we needed results to stay in the job, and I knew what other managers had experience I'm still in shock after Derby sacking, says Steve McClaren

"I knew it was a tough job, I knew it was a big ask.

"The first time I was there for two seasons. We reached a play-off final and we were top of the League for half a season and we fell away.

"It was unfinished business and I went back the second time saying I need to finish this and I need to get Derby into the Premier League.

"I felt very positive about that and what the owner was selling but obviously when you lose managers every three months, there is something going on behind the scenes. We didn't want to experience those problems, but unfortunately we did."

Sacked dates

Mac 1 - 25th May 2015

Clement - 8th Feb 2016

Pearson - 9th Oct 2016

Mac 2 - 14th March 2017

Whilst I'm not defending the sackings where is this 6 coming from? You can't include Wassall as he was only temp till the end of the season

1 minute ago, David said:

Sacked dates

Mac 1 - 25th May 2015

Clement - 8th Feb 2016

Pearson - 9th Oct 2016

Mac 2 - 14th March 2017

Whilst I'm not defending the sackings where is this 6 coming from? You can't include Wassall as he was only temp till the end of the season

Mac 1, Clement, Wassall, Pearson, Powell, Mac 2. That is 6 managers. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Mac 1, Clement, Wassall, Pearson, Powell, Mac 2. That is 6 managers. 

Including Wassall and Powell is padding the stats when they don't really need it to be as they are bad enough already

Just now, David said:

Including Wassall and Powell is padding the stats when they don't really need it to be as they are bad enough already

I think including Powell is silly, but Wassall counts imo as he was there for a decent time and was there for a sort of trial period. 

Archived