Charlie Austin - Swindon

vicky-27

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin spent the pre-season of the 2009–10 season on loan with League Two club Bournemouth, whilst playing some important games for Poole Town, and managing to rack up 18 goals in the space of a few months. When Bournemouth's transfer embargo was put in place, they were unable to make a permanent move for the striker.

Swindon made an offer for Austin, and a deal was completed on 2 October for an undisclosed fee.[4] He made his debut appearance for Swindon Town in a 1–1 draw with Exeter in the 2009–10 Football League Trophy, replacing Ben Hutchinson as a substitute in the 88th minute.[5]

On 20 October, prior to a reserve team match between Swindon and Plymouth Argyle, Head of Player Development David Byrne revealed in an interview that he believed Charlie Austin would soon get his chance in the Swindon first team.[6] Austin then went on that afternoon to score two goals for Swindon reserves in the 3–2 victory over Plymouth Argyle's reserves.[7] Austin made his Football League debut coming on in the 70th minute in the league match away at Norwich City on 24 October 2009.

On 21 November 2009, Austin scored his first professional goal in only the third minute of his full debut away at Carlisle United.[8]

Forest are linked with every player that is either out of contract or not getting games...

The papers have decided since we spent a bit pre-season we'll be on another shopping spree! I wouldn't have thought he'd really get a look in in our squad, not really worth looking at

I also don't think he's what your lot need... he's not exactly gonna be much of a saviour - i'm surprised either of us have been seriously linked with him, maybe the papers are getting desperate for stories again

Archived