Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

Mafiabob

Carson

christie.      Keogh.     Pearce.    Lowe

.                         Johnson

.        Ince.         Hughes.       Anya

.              Nugent.         Vydra

i expect Christie, Lowe and Anya might get a run out for Gary to have a look at. Not suggesting this is the best team that can be put out but it does try different players and same players in a slightly different role. Plus it's more attacking at home than the 2 in front of the 4

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go 

Carson 

Baird      Keogh   shackell   Lowe 

Johnson   Bryson 

Ince                  Vydra             Russell 

Nugent 

Just two changes at the back !

• 2 weeks later...

Carson

baird.         Keogh.         Pearce.      Lowe

.            Hughes.         Johnson

.       Ince.            Vydra.         Russell

.                           Nugent

Fitness depending:

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Pearce, Lowe, Johnson, Hughes, Ince, Vydra, Russell, Nugent.

I'd be tempted to give Anya a shout over JR on the basis he got one MOTM and got on the pitch in a match Scotland won so is probably more confident than he's ever been since signing for us. I've become convinced Christie and Ince will never balance particularly well, but GR might want a look at him.

Other options to look at are Bryson behind Nuge, a bit more like our old 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1, butters next to Johnson.

52 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Baird   Keogh   Pearce   Lowe

Johnson   Elsnik 

Ince        Vydra      Hughes

Nugent

I'd really like to see Elsnik .. He needs a go. Even off the bench. He has the touch and the eagerness. This is the opportunity to try things .. No cups, no relegation, no fear. .. Roll the dice. 

7 hours ago, jono said:

I'd really like to see Elsnik .. He needs a go. Even off the bench. He has the touch and the eagerness. This is the opportunity to try things .. No cups, no relegation, no fear. .. Roll the dice. 

You and I agree on Elsnik. He's like a 10 times better version of Butterfield. Ivan calero was two times better just for the record.

Sith Happens
43 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You and I agree on Elsnik. He's like a 10 times better version of Butterfield. Ivan calero was two times better just for the record.

ive told you a million times, dont exaggerate,

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:03, jono said:

I want to put up my suggested team but the truth is none of us know quite what the right blend is.

defo want a 4-2-3-1 sort of set up ... Vydra and Nugent can do things together ( don't be rude ! )

i like Johnson coming forward and want to see Hughsey on the pitch again. Full backs ? .. Baird for me, much as I like Cyrus when he has the bit between his teeth Inwould rather Baird for his consistency and the way he works with Ince. Lowe or Ollson... Dunno .. Both bring something

Ince / Carson / Keogh / Pearce  .. Automatic picks with Shacks out 

I wonder if Anya is worth a swap with JR ? He can cross  better and hold the ball but isn't quite the nagging mosquito that Johnny is and will have more to aim at if we are on the front foot with Nuge and Vydra

Looking forward to it .. Hope internationals don't bring any injury woes. 

Wow 4 players automatically picked because Shacks is out. That would be a massive compliment and ego booster for him to know he is that good.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Wow 4 players automatically picked because Shacks is out. That would be a massive compliment and ego booster for him to know he is that good.

To be fair we could pick 4 of our current players to cover George and they still wouldn't do as good ad job as him.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

How can you possibly say that when he barely made a first team appearance for Derby? I believe he was loaned out to Burton under Rowett when they were in either League One or League Two, and from what I've heard, he was utter garbage.

Your obsession with youth players like Elsnik and Zanzala being world beaters without having seen them play for a sustained period in the first time just seems ridiculous.

I'm all for giving youth players a chance, especially when you hear such great things about players like Elsnik, but to say things like "Zanzala is the best striker at the club" as you did the other day is ludicrous.

Sith Happens
36 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

How can you possibly say that when he barely made a first team appearance for Derby? I believe he was loaned out to Burton under Rowett when they were in either League One or League Two, and from what I've heard, he was utter garbage.

Your obsession with youth players like Elsnik and Zanzala being world beaters without having seen them play for a sustained period in the first time just seems ridiculous.

I'm all for giving youth players a chance, especially when you hear such great things about players like Elsnik, but to say things like "Zanzala is the best striker at the club" as you did the other day is ludicrous.

I agree, how many times have we heard reports that this youth player was the next best thing, and how many times does it happen? Not many.

I would love someone to unearth the next Hughes or Hendrick, even a Giles Barnes would be good.

Calero for example is 21 now, i know he could still develop but its surely getting to an age where hes ready or he isnt, Mason Bennett will be at that stage soon.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I agree, how many times have we heard reports that this youth player was the next best thing, and how many times does it happen? Not many.

I would love someone to unearth the next Hughes or Hendrick, even a Giles Barnes would be good.

Calero for example is 21 now, i know he could still develop but its surely getting to an age where hes ready or he isnt, Mason Bennett will be at that stage soon.

Calero has played a few times for Sparta Rotterdam this season. He had this happen to him a few weeks ago.

On 28/03/2017 at 08:28, Paul71 said:

Calero doesn't play for us anymore does he?

Archived