Spare a thought for Mel Morris

TommyPowell

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GerryDaly said:

Mel has been pumping his money in to DCFC . 

The whingers on here having a go at him ... it's embarrassing. 

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR  MOUTH IS 

or just shut up. :)

For the record I've never had a go at him. But as I've said further up, I won't be sparing thoughts for him based on his own decisions. I wouldn't imagine he'd expect me to, either. 

So stand down, pal.

Mel Morris doesn't understand football and his decisions reinforce that. Im sure he is a nice guy but he really needs to get better football advisors. You need stability to succeed on more occasions than not. In his statement he said the players are good and should be achieving higher. No Mel they should not, the majority of them are average. Going on that massive unbeaten run was the worst thing that could have happened to McClaren because it clouded people's judgment on these group of players, which is mid table standard at best

1 minute ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I won't even bother to respond to this. You're clearly on the wind-up.

Just ignore him WB. 

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Mel Morris doesn't understand football and his decisions reinforce that. Im sure he is a nice guy but he really needs to get better football advisors. You need stability to succeed on more occasions than not. In his statement he said the players are good and should be achieving higher. No Mel they should not, the majority of them are average. Going on that massive unbeaten run was the worst thing that could have happened to McClaren because it clouded people's judgment on these group of players, which is mid table standard at best

What makes you think that you understand football better than him?

You say the players are 'average' but most have played international, premier league or been around the top of The Championship.

An estate agent only earning 60k a year ? This thread is getting more unbelievable by the minute.

Bilionare owner, one of the best young managers in the country, fantastic ground and training facilities, this is a new start , everything is in place , squad overhaul in the summer, exciting times.   Get a grip you lot. ✌️

46 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

The man made the money and he's putting it into the club but that's not enough for some people, they want him to have Einstein's brain, sweat blood, grovel for apologies, wear a hair shirt and never make a mistake. I'd rather have him than Fatwaz or them at Birmingham that's for sure. 

Ok, so Mel may make mistakes but if you were around when Huddlestone was sold at the death for peanuts then you should be glad he's spending not asset stripping. He's not whacking up your season ticket costs is he? No, he's putting his own money in. 

Loads of fans, no atmosphere, booing, no support. Spectators. 

You've just made most of that up.. Never mind..

Grovel for apologies, find me a post where that has been said..

I don't have a season ticket, so no idea if he is increasing. I should hope not.

He is the custodian of a football club, nobody is saying he does not have the clubs best interest at heart... He makes mistakes, he is accountable..

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It must be hard to make that much moolah, and not think you're king of the world though.

I know I'd be the same, if not worse in the same position.

Do you think you'd be any different in his position, or would you back against your knowledge of a very simple game after all, and employ an expert who you may not agree with,  to make decisions for you?

8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

An estate agent only earning 60k a year ? This thread is getting more unbelievable by the minute.

Bilionare owner, one of the best young managers in the country, fantastic ground and training facilities, this is a new start , everything is in place , squad overhaul in the summer, exciting times.   Get a grip you lot. ✌️

Please send the first paragraph to my employer. Thanks. :D

31 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe sparing a thought isn't the right header? Maybe it should be lets get off his back for awhile and hope that this latest Manager can deliver on his promises and remit that he signed up to as the others failed miserably with the backing MM has given them

:thumbsup:

Bang a GONG ... Get it on ! 

Exactly. 

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

You've just made most of that up.. Never mind..

Grovel for apologies, find me a post where that has been said..

I don't have a season ticket, so no idea if he is increasing. I should hope not.

He is the custodian of a football club, nobody is saying he does not have the clubs best interest at heart... He makes mistakes, he is accountable..

Really? When I've made up as much as you trying to justify your 'angry ram' tag I'll take that from you. 

25 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I won't even bother to respond to this. You're clearly on the wind-up.

No I'm not. 

You're a fan . 

Unless you're gonna tell me you've just pumped a million quid into the club I love ? 

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What makes you think that you understand football better than him?

You say the players are 'average' but most have played international, premier league or been around the top of The Championship.

I understand more about football than Mel Morris as I'm sure 90% of users on this forum do. You need stability to do well. Expecting this team to be higher up and competing for promotion is delusional because the squad is extremely unbalanced in every sense and certainly wasn't McClaren's fault.Everyone and their dog could see where we needed to improve after the play off final defeat but we ended up spending it on a bunch of crap who didn't fit the system and happy to steal a living. The way he has wasted the money on signings, he couldn't have done a worse job if he tried!

Just because we have players who once played in the premier league doesn't  mean that they're any good now. 

Archived