Vardy

TheresOnlyWanChope

One of biggest cheats the PL has ever seen? The way he waits to purposely tangle his legs - seen so many times last season and won a free kick which Leicester scored from and got Nasri sent off by cheating. A lot of talk of Costa and other players cheating. Vardy one of worst but never gets mentioned because he's English ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plucky underdog label wearing a bit thin with me after they all went missing for ranieri but decided to start putting a shift in for the Sammy Lee lookalike. 

My now dream scenario for that team is that they somehow scav their way to the final where they are utterly humiliated to a global tv audience. Meanwhile having taken their eye off the league they get relegated on the last day by a point.

34 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The plucky underdog label wearing a bit thin with me after they all went missing for ranieri but decided to start putting a shift in for the Sammy Lee lookalike. 

My now dream scenario for that team is that they somehow scav their way to the final where they are utterly humiliated to a global tv audience. Meanwhile having taken their eye off the league they get relegated on the last day by a point.

Couldn't imagine Forest and Leicester European cup winners 

Vardy is an established and well practiced cheat at this stage. Unfortunately, so many players would have done as he did when Nasri rested his forehead on him (any significant head movement by Nasri was made when Vardy was already on his way to the ground). That's modern football regrettably, and the rewards are all too easy to achieve from that sort of behaviour as was demonstrated again last night. Impossible to feel any sympathy for Nasri though given his foolishness in getting involved in that sort of nonsense when already on a yellow card. On the other hand, you've got to say Schmeichel has earned his place in the quarter-finals, what a performance over the two legs!. 

2 minutes ago, Leicester Fan said:

He stayed on his feet the whole time...

Recoiling backwards as if he had received a serious blow to the head then, that's not really the point though. Seems like a bit of a t*** all round, Vardy, but that's nothing new. Still don't have any sympathy for Nasri.

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

On goal difference, by conceding in the 98th minute of the last match, would be even more pleasing.

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Awwww yeaaaaaahhh:lol:

Were there not financial shenanigans last Leicester were in the championship? Could they come back to haunt them? will it deter them from singing "champions of england you'll never sing that" at clubs with more titles than them?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Were there not financial shenanigans last Leicester were in the championship? Could they come back to haunt them? will it deter them from singing "champions of england you'll never sing that" at clubs with more titles than them?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Hadn't heard of this one before but that article certainly whiffs. Certainly looks like they have some answers to give. 

Not on the scale of qprs alleged ffp transgressions tho and as we saw there, the efl has all the enforcement willpower of a somnambulent tortoise.

Just now, HantsRam said:

Hadn't heard of this one before but that article certainly whiffs. Certainly looks like they have some answers to give. 

Not on the scale of qprs alleged ffp transgressions tho and as we saw there, the efl has all the enforcement willpower of a somnambulent tortoise.

I think there is something there because I remember more than one article on it, although at that point lots of people were willing Leicester on, so it was mostly ignored.

I also suspect both that Leicester were "clever" about it and, as you rightly point out, QPR set the precedent of "once you're promoted it all goes away"

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think there is something there because I remember more than one article on it, although at that point lots of people were willing Leicester on, so it was mostly ignored.

I also suspect both that Leicester were "clever" about it and, as you rightly point out, QPR set the precedent of "once you're promoted it all goes away"

Has anyone apart from nffc been umbongoed as a result of ffp?

6 hours ago, Leicester Fan said:

He stayed on his feet the whole time...

In the original post, I was also referring to the way Vardy gets his legs tangled on purpose round defenders legs- it happens all the time, once he got punished- last season v West Ham, but he did it again last night and Leicester scored what the free kick. All this talk of foreign players cheating but Vardy is a prime example. 

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I don't understand why Derby, as a club, has not kicked up a fuss about this.

Essentially we missed out on promotion to a team that flouted the rules.

Seem to remember Sheffield United being compensated when they were relegated at the expense of a West Ham team that had flouted the rules.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't understand why Derby, as a club, has not kicked up a fuss about this.

Essentially we missed out on promotion to a team that flouted the rules.

Seem to remember Sheffield United being compensated when they were relegated at the expense of a West Ham team that had flouted the rules.

That stank as well - didn't Sheff Utd want a points deduction so that they would still be in prem, but in the end West Ham made some sort of "ex-gratia" payment to them whilst the Prem league/EFL looked on? So no admission of any wrong doing by anyone and no in-depth investigation? Maybe I've got the details wrong and the payment was ordered by the league but it seemed pretty shady at the time.

But yeah you're right about us - given that Glick et al made such a hoo-hah about being within the limits.

Archived