Rowett confirmed

WystonRam

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Good appointment. But will he and his old Burton backroom staff command the respect of the players? You'd have thought an ex-England manager, Carlo Ancelotti's number 2, and known tough-guy mentalist would have been able to do so. Let's hope he can and is able to do the job his way without anyone blocking that. 

Got a good feeling about Gary rowett. If the players don't show him and his team the respect  they deserve they should be shown the door. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Rowett was a great pro as a player, was a brilliant pundit IMO, very intelligent. Clearly a clever manager who over-achieved when there was no expectation.

I'm not sure how he fits in with the expectations and philosophies, but he deserves a couple of windows to shape the team properly.

As bitter as I feel about McClaren and how Mel treated him, he was clearly on egg-shells from day one, being Rush's choice! I am behind Rowett as a manager. Just don't expect anything less than attrition.

We could have done with a bit of attrition at Brighton.

2 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

Rowett has been at Derby two and a half hours and we have not won a match yet, he has just been summoned to Mels office for a word. Expecting an announcement soon.

Bets on who's next and if he will be replaced in time for Saturday. 

This kind of comment is getting boring now, however you try and spin it.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Good appointment. But will he and his old Burton backroom staff command the respect of the players? You'd have thought an ex-England manager, Carlo Ancelotti's number 2, and known tough-guy mentalist would have been able to do so. Let's hope he can and is able to do the job his way without anyone blocking that. 

The last lot of old Burton backroom staff certainly commanded the respect of the players - unfortunately the slow build tried the patience of the fans too much. The word is 'entitlement' - we 'deserved better'. Being better than the previous year wasn't enough for some - it had to be 'much better'. Now 42 months after Clough departed, we are in a worse position on the pitch and probably £50 million down the tubes off it.

Friday night was an eye re-opener to me. A year on from the scenes at Rotherham, once again I saw fans with venom in their bellies and fire in their eyes, down at the front after the final whistle, screaming abuse at players and management alike. Those fans won't stand for a four year slow burn again. Four matches without a marked improvement and the knives will be out once more.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Welcome back Gary.

He's got until the end of the season to work out which of the players have a bad attitude and are either unwilling or incapable of doing the job for the team and he needs to be able to get shot of any or all of them with Mels full backing.

Mel needs to make it clear to the whole squad that Gary is the man in charge and if they can't fit into his system or feel that they can't work with him, they will be the one's leaving the club and not the manager.

good luck with that!

History would dictate it's very much the other way round, and Mel's ok with that!

My advice to anyone who feels like I do and feels the Mac sacking was harsh would be to just move on.

Rowett is twice the man and twice the manager Pearson was so it could be way worse. And I'm not even a big Rowett fan. Let's just back him now. 

3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I wish him well and really hope the constant griping and bashing of everything at the club will stop at least for a while. The fans wailing about Mel sacking yet another manager and yet what did they want? Clearly not performances like Friday, where we were outplayed and frankly taken the mickey out of by Brighton, with a manager laughing like a drain on the touch line. Were you happy with that? I wasn't! But then when Mel takes SM to task over it resulting in him leaving everyone is starting the 'mad Mel' stuff again  

suck it up, get behind the club as a whole or stop going and stop the crap on social media  

Superb post. I too felt humiliated by Brighton and I think it was that laugh by SMc that probably, ironically, got him the push. I certainly wouldn't be "happy" with a 0-3 scoreline at a side that we had on toast 3 times just a short while ago. 

4 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Welcome back and good luck Gary.

i think he'll be a huge success here... if given time!

He's got a big job on his hands to get the squad playing better than it is, hopefully the players will be given a 'you're on trial for the rest of this season' lecture.

3 points on Saturday please, COYR ?

To be fair it shouldn't be that difficult the crap we witnessed last Friday

Archived