Rowett confirmed

WystonRam

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, r4derby said:

It's of the utmost importance Gary is given until at least next season. That's not much, but for Mel that could prove quite hard if we're playing indifferent football and scrapping in mid table again.

Give him time

FTFY

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I'm not sure what you fixed, but thanks...I guess?

Sorry on my crappy phone or would have highlighted the extra word.

1 minute ago, admira said:

Any players from Birmingham he is likely to want to bring to Derby?

I'm trying to think who they have now...(that says a lot)

Che Adams has potential, but may be a little way off starting and would surely cost an inflated fee...

Funny how the top clubs Newcastle, Leeds and Brighton all have managers who have managed in the premier league.. I don't think that's a coincedance and only Newcastle have the money. Same with Fulham he is a top manager and did a great job at Watford. MM and GR have a lot to prove, I do worry about his buying power but then again I could not be worse than what we bought recently. 

I wish him luck it will either make him or break him, and has the guts to take the role on.. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Andrew James said:

Funny how the top clubs Newcastle, Leeds and Brighton all have managers who have managed in the premier league.. I don't think that's a coincedance and only Newcastle have the money. Same with Fulham he is a top manager and did a great job at Watford. MM and GR have a lot to prove, I do worry about his buying power but then again I could not be worse than what we bought recently. 

I wish him luck it will either make him or break him, and has the guts to take the role on.. 

Bournemouth are doing OK with a manager with no PL pedigree

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well I was quite happy with the appointment, but I've read two Brum fans views and now I feel he's a stubborn coach with no plan B who makes weird substitutions?

???

I'm sure they are much happier with Zola's management.

Is he the right man? ,, you just never know but my gut feeling is that he is very much wotrh a go , he is young and ambitious , he has shown he wants to build solid teams with a hard working ethos and by god we really need to get that part of our club right again as a base to build from and then we will find out if rowett has what it takes to build from there and take it forward, he is refreshingly honest and speaks very well and with sense , he certainly understands our club and the job he is taking on and he seems to have that balance between being nobodies fool and not being a hairdryer bully type ,,,,,

im fully behind this appointment ,, Mac felt stale and I always had the feeling that no matter how good a position he got us in the wheels would inevitably come off with a passion , I don't get that vibe from rowett as yet so I have hope 

good luck Gary ,coyr 

Very interesting quote from Mel on Gary's appointment.

“Gary is being tasked with, and has the full responsibility for, leading our redevelopment programme"

I think he will be given the time and backing to get this/his squad pushing for promotion. I also think from that statement, Mel has realised what a crock of sh1te his previous managers have spent his money on.

Good luck Gaz

Archived