Moan in

swadieram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Butterfield wouldn't beat Frodo Baggins in the air. 

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

Butterfield can't beat Frodo or Bilbo on the ground either. 

I quite like the sound of this Frodo guy. 

Any chance we could get him?

9 hours ago, Highgate said:

Bucko and Forsyth were just as guilty for that goal, I don't know how they let that ball into the box.

Don't let facts get in the way of any opportunity to get a dig at Keogh.

If this Flint guy is so good how come he's in a defence that's conceded 15 more league goals than the Rams? Must be that every goal they've let in has been a daisy-cutter.

I think we just set up wrong at corners. 

It looks to me like keogh and pearce attack the ball leaving frodo and the dwarves to block the big buggers.

for some reason its not working.....

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Don't let facts get in the way of any opportunity to get a dig at Keogh.

If this Flint guy is so good how come he's in a defence that's conceded 15 more league goals than the Rams? Must be that every goal they've let in has been a daisy-cutter.

Weren't Bolton 2nd from bottom when Cahill left for Chelsea to win the PL? 

17 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Weren't Bolton 2nd from bottom when Cahill left for Chelsea to win the PL? 

We signed Keogh from Coventry too. He'd just been relegated with them after finishing 23rd and conceding 65 goals.

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

There's a defender called Fair End Rawson that plays for Coventry. He's majestic on set pieces and he's young too - we should splash out 5m and get him :whistle:

You reckon he's good? Check out the young lad 'Calomon Gueye' at Port Vale. Absolute workhorse in the centre-midfield. Not sure what countries he's from but we should splash the cash!

On 3/13/2017 at 19:44, Duracell said:

Yeah, disappointed neither phone-in featured the usual "I've been supporting this club for ninety-ten years and Sir Brian Cloughmackaycox would never had stood for this nonsense" type of caller that usually feature.

That's me .

14 hours ago, RamNut said:

I quite like the sound of this Frodo guy. 

Any chance we could get him?

Yep once he's been voted player of the season for the shires we will be in for him 

On 3/13/2017 at 19:10, duncanjwitham said:

It was suggested at the time that Pearson had said/done something in training that went way beyond what was acceptable - *if* that's the case then it's absolutely the job of Keogh (as captain, and probably most senior player at the club) to raise that issue with someone above Pearson.  It would be exactly the same at any other workplace.

Totally unacceptable, like giving the players a well deserved bollocking? 

4 minutes ago, europia said:

Totally unacceptable, like giving the players a well deserved bollocking? 

We don't know, and I'm not going to speculate what it was, assuming it even happened.  But there are things that are unacceptable in any workplace - racial abuse, punching another employee, bullying and so on - and would result in an instant sacking at any job anywhere.  If anyone at the club crosses one of those lines, then it's they should be sacked on the spot.  And likewise, if the person responsible is the direct supervisor of the injured party, it's absolutely acceptable for that person, or someone representing them (like the club captain if it's a player) to go straight to a more senior person at the club and report it.

The big problem with all of these things at the club (managerial sackings, rumours about players being upset, getting managers sacked etc), is that we never hear the full story, but we hear enough from both sides for there to be valid reasons for what happened.  If a player's gone to Morris because a manager has told him off for eating too many donuts, then that's nonsense, but if it's because of one of the reasons above, then it's absolutely fair.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

We don't know, and I'm not going to speculate what it was, assuming it even happened.  But there are things that are unacceptable in any workplace - racial abuse, punching another employee, bullying and so on - and would result in an instant sacking at any job anywhere.  If anyone at the club crosses one of those lines, then it's they should be sacked on the spot.  And likewise, if the person responsible is the direct supervisor of the injured party, it's absolutely acceptable for that person, or someone representing them (like the club captain if it's a player) to go straight to a more senior person at the club and report it.

The big problem with all of these things at the club (managerial sackings, rumours about players being upset, getting managers sacked etc), is that we never hear the full story, but we hear enough from both sides for there to be valid reasons for what happened.  If a player's gone to Morris because a manager has told him off for eating too many donuts, then that's nonsense, but if it's because of one of the reasons above, then it's absolutely fair.

i heard he got them all to act out the movie human centipede...which of course is about as likely as some of the drivel you read on here.

On 3/23/2017 at 16:33, duncanjwitham said:

Football isn't such a closed community. Some fairly respectable journalists have commented on the goings on between players and the chairman at DCFC. Of course you wont hear it directly from the dismissed employee, due to gagging clauses in their (presumably) generous severance arrangements.  

Archived