Moan in

swadieram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I couldn't get through Mate. They put me on hold for the whole hour. They said I was 3rd in the queue behind an " Eddie" and a lad from Uttoxeter. :ph34r:

Not guilty.

Craig (and a few callers) made an excellent point on the Moan In tonight. We need a big leader at the back. Unit, heading crosses away and spitting orders. Plenty of them mentioned Bristol City's Aden Flint. Sounds an excellent shout to me. 

Mentioned Aden Flint two weeks back and got shot down for it.

"But Keogh is better blah blah"

People will be selecting Bryson and Keogh when they're both drawing their pension . Flint is an absolute monster (6'6) and height is something we seriously lack.

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

People will be selecting Bryson and Keogh when they're both drawing their pension . Flint is an absolute monster (6'6) and height is something we seriously lack.

And he's good from set pieces (offensively and defensively) 

What would your ideal back two be for Derby next season? I'd be tempted by a Flint & Shackell combo. 

On 13/03/2017 at 19:23, JaguarRam said:

Is there anything else we can blame Keogh for? 9-11? Brexit perhaps? 

Some one scratched my rear bumper and i forgot to put me bin out. Coming to the conclusion everything in my life thats wrong is Keoghs fault, this way I can sleep easy and not having to blame the wife saves any aurguements

16 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He could be the spark we need

49 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Craig (and a few callers) made an excellent point on the Moan In tonight. We need a big leader at the back. Unit, heading crosses away and spitting orders. Plenty of them mentioned Bristol City's Aden Flint. Sounds an excellent shout to me. 

We did have someone like that. Think his name was Jake Burton or something. Forgotten what exactly happened to him.

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

On 18 March 2017 at 15:22, Leicester Ram said:

It's about team organisation and discipline, you can't just blame the CB's because they're the tallest. A classic idiots response to a problem is to think it's as easy as changing one variable and then it'll work, that's a massive over-simplification of the issue.

You can't just buy a 6'5 CB and suddenly never concede corners.

T'was I who shot you down with a perfectly selected Jesus statue face-palm meme and my stance has not changed since. In fact, right after the forest game I was pointing out that simply having a tall CB doesn't make you better at defending set pieces. It's a much more compose issue than that and to suggest the solution is as simple as height is an oversimplification.

It's about organisation and discipline. You need to have an entire team switched on to defend a set piece in the first minute as well as the final minute, as well as the correct attitude; keep your man locked down and attack the ball if you can win it.

I'm not suggesting that Keogh is the answer to our set pieces issue and Flint isn't, Keogh should be playing a key part in our defensive organisation and doing a better job, going off this season. But it's not just Keogh who should be doing a better job, it needs to be every Derby player on the pitch, the coaching staff working on defensive organisation and the sports psychologists instilling a stronger mindset/culture into the playing staff.

You're right that we need to height in the defence, but that's one factor amongst many. And I'm struggling to see how Flint is the answer over the experienced Shackell, Keogh and Pearce, all of whom have been top players in top championship defences.

How many goals from set pieces have been our CB's getting beat in the air? Genuine question

That ridiculous throw we conceded v Barnsley for example was Butterfield marking a man he had no chance of competing with physically at a set piece. Butterfield wouldn't beat Frodo Baggins in the air. 

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How many goals from set pieces have been our CB's getting beat in the air? Genuine question

That ridiculous throw we conceded v Barnsley for example was Butterfield marking a man he had no chance of competing with physically at a set piece. Butterfield wouldn't beat Frodo Baggins in the air. 

Butterfield can't beat Frodo or Bilbo on the ground either. 

1 hour ago, Hollybush said:

Craig Ramage managed to get a few comments about how good a player he used to be, scored 27 odd goals for Watford, blah blah blah

It's an attempt to demonstrate that he knows what he's talking about just in case there's any doubt on that. 

During commentary I often think 'what's he talking about?' 

Archived