Shin Pads

REDCAR

Sure you have all checked out the pics of todays training session on the official site. Kev Phillips at the helm (surely his days are numbered??). One thing that dare I say I found rather alarming - how come not one player is wearing shin pads? surely thats first rule in the book? I have coached football for a number of years - granted for kids, but they would not be allowed to train unless wearing. From this pic below shows Pearce going into a tackle with Russell..... none contact?? not having it!!

15129_3623577_478x359.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're practicing how to press one player at a time, chase shadows, put minimum effort into blocking shots and crosses and never making a tackle. 

Why should we need shin pads for that. Train with the intensity you play in matches for me.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

We're practicing how to press one player at a time, chase shadows, put minimum effort into blocking shots and crosses and never making a tackle. 

Why should we need shin pads for that. Train with the intensity you play in matches for me.

They demonstrated perfect how to chase shadows on Friday. Maybe this is the problem. ?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Disappointing. I was hoping to read that we had bought a new up and coming youngster from an Asian league.

If that was the case it'd be in the transfer talk section, not rams talk, so I don't know why you got your hopes up.

Archived