McClaren correct decision - Mel's right

wiseram

We were on the road to division one oblivion - Pearson stubborn tactics plus issues we probably are unaware of.

Who would be best to turn it around ?

Someone who knows players / club / is available

SM best option to turn it around, plus he owed us one so to speak

Give hime a chance to kick on - if he bombs out as per last time get rid in good time to sort out for next year.

Main issue is Mel chooses well this time................

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, wiseram said:

We were on the road to division one oblivion - Pearson stubborn tactics plus issues we probably are unaware of.

Who would be best to turn it around ?

Someone who knows players / club / is available

SM best option to turn it around, plus he owed us one so to speak

Give hime a chance to kick on - if he bombs out as per last time get rid in good time to sort out for next year.

Main issue is Mel chooses well this time................

This was actually one of my theories. We were looking like real relegation candidates after the first nine matches. Pearson seemed to have lost it with the players and there was no transfer window until January to put things right. If we persisted with Pearson until then, we could well have been doomed this season. So, Mel turned to someone he knew could get something out of these players to see us safe, which McClaren did. But, with things going downhill again now, he's decided to give it another go with someone to overhaul the squad. I just hope it all works out this time!

1 hour ago, JaguarRam said:

I disagree with the sackings. Apart from Chris Evans. Bad at recruitment and ruined Top Gear for me. 

Personally, I agreed with sacking of Pearson. Things have been dire recently, particularly since the end of January. I think Mac made mistakes (who wouldn't?) and Friday night was awful BUT I still wanted Mac to have next season.

But it's not my decision so there's no point in worrying about it. Like all other fans I can decide whether or not I pay my money to go and watch. The 380+ mile return trip hasn't looked less appealing for a while:whistle:

I'm going to be blunt about this, I've been trying to keep my mouth shut in the last few months, but my word is this club a shambles in the last few years. The number of sackings is a joke. At some point this has to come back on the owner, something is going wrong is the backrooms, and it's not the managers when there's been 5 of them. If I were in a job where I hired 5 people for the position and sacked them, people would be questioning my competence before questioning the competence of my next hire. 

To be honest I hope that everyone turns us down and makes the point to Mel and that, we can't keep doing this, we're going full Leeds. You never go full Leeds. 

8 minutes ago, PrestonRam said:

Regardless of whether or not sacking Mac, Pearson or Clement was the right decision. Sacking them all so soon after giving them the job makes his decision to appoint them stupid in any case.

Purely on results, Clement wasn't the case, we need to infer things going on behind the scenes to justify that. 

17 minutes ago, Albert said:

I'm going to be blunt about this, I've been trying to keep my mouth shut in the last few months, but my word is this club a shambles in the last few years. The number of sackings is a joke. At some point this has to come back on the owner, something is going wrong is the backrooms, and it's not the managers when there's been 5 of them. If I were in a job where I hired 5 people for the position and sacked them, people would be questioning my competence before questioning the competence of my next hire. 

To be honest I hope that everyone turns us down and makes the point to Mel and that, we can't keep doing this, we're going full Leeds. You never go full Leeds. 

Leeds have eventually found the right manager, it seems. If Rowett does as well, i'll be happy, and

bite my tongue, just being honest here (glad i'm not Mel).

3 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Personally, I agreed with sacking of Pearson. Things have been dire recently, particularly since the end of January. I think Mac made mistakes (who wouldn't?) and Friday night was awful BUT I still wanted Mac to have next season.

But it's not my decision so there's no point in worrying about it. Like all other fans I can decide whether or not I pay my money to go and watch. The 380+ mile return trip hasn't looked less appealing for a while:whistle:

Short trip you lucky devil?

24 minutes ago, Albert said:

I was tempted to say like Australian rugby..... but I'll keep my mouth shut ?

Archived