Mel do you have a plan

cymru

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cymru said:

sorry m8 just thought i ask him as every time we sack a manager we don't have a proper plan sorry

Don't apologise pal. Just we have about 8 new threads so didn't think we needed yet another. it wasn't a personal attack. I would encourage your passion and points to be written in to an existing thread :)

I don't think he does. At least not a consistent plan in the time he's been here. What happened to wanting to create an identity based on free-flowing, attacking football? Wanting to keep a consistent style of play from the youth teams right up to the first team? 

He certainly needs help when it comes to making decisions for the club. His track record of decisions while he's been here isn't good at all.

The one thing you can't deny with Morris is that he has a plan. He has a plan so black and white that any deviation away from it is almost seen as a slight to himself, which is magnified when you're seen to be wasting money and not getting the right results. 

When McClaren was sacked earlier, I was initially pissed off and a little bit fed up of the merry-go-round of managers. Steve hasn't done a bad job at all, especially considering that he's come into the club and had to deal with a number of injuries, a number of players from different managers and make it work. When we had a fairly fit and stable squad, we won games. When the tide turned, we failed to turn with it, which wasn't unlike the last season McClaren had in the Derby dugout. 

The important thing, I would argue, is to ensure we get a manager that can buy into the plan that Morris wants. We need cohesion from top to bottom. 

I don't blame Morris for making these types of decisions if things aren't going to his plan. It's his money at the end of the day and he won't be happy with what he's seen - much like a lot of the fans aren't happy. If you hire someone to manage a part of your business and he's not doing it how you would want him to, and the results aren't going the way you want them to, it's an inevitable ending. 

I'm under no illusions though, the next manager, which I fully expect to be Rowett anyway, could well perform a lot worse than McClaren with this set of players. Pearson, despite his reasonable history, did. It's a massive, massive job. I have no doubts Mel will back whoever he brings in, but it will come with high expectations. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The one thing you can't deny with Morris is that he has a plan. He has a plan so black and white that any deviation away from it is almost seen as a slight to himself, which is magnified when you're seen to be wasting money and not getting the right results. 

When McClaren was sacked earlier, I was initially pissed off and a little bit fed up of the merry-go-round of managers. Steve hasn't done a bad job at all, especially considering that he's come into the club and had to deal with a number of injuries, a number of players from different managers and make it work. When we had a fairly fit and stable squad, we won games. When the tide turned, we failed to turn with it, which wasn't unlike the last season McClaren had in the Derby dugout. 

The important thing, I would argue, is to ensure we get a manager that can buy into the plan that Morris wants. We need cohesion from top to bottom. 

I don't blame Morris for making these types of decisions if things aren't going to his plan. It's his money at the end of the day and he won't be happy with what he's seen - much like a lot of the fans aren't happy. If you hire someone to manage a part of your business and he's not doing it how you would want him to, and the results aren't going the way you want them to, it's an inevitable ending. 

I'm under no illusions though, the next manager, which I fully expect to be Rowett anyway, could well perform a lot worse than McClaren with this set of players. Pearson, despite his reasonable history, did. It's a massive, massive job. I have no doubts Mel will back whoever he brings in, but it will come with high expectations. 

Mel backs the players, not the coaches.

We know the players aren't big enough for this club. Surely Mel must conclude this too?

They enjoy the facilities and top wages, but are just complacent, uncommitted inadequates; mental pygmies who don' t have the gonads to move the club forwards in a sustained way. They have failed the club, the fans,  and themselves. Again.

Who IS big enough, managerially, to take the football side of the club by the scruff of the neck and single-mindedly revamp it, to build a winning, VFM team? Who?

I really don't know. Hodgson? Warburton? Stimac/Eranio? Rowett? Another go-round for Nigel Clough? (Ohh I'm sure that Forest would be his next choice, if he delivers Championship survival at The Pirelli...)

Not picking any of the above, just scratching my head as to what Mel might try next. 

Archived