Stability please Mel! Please !!!

RiddingsRam

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Constantly changing manager without giving them time is embarrassing and does not create stability for the future. This is not an office where underperforming is rewarded with the sack. It is an institution for thousands of people who contribute to the club with no recourse, but who are at the mercy of one man at the top who does not seem to understand that success cannot be won overnight. To sack McLaren now is wrong and immoral - he was appointed to replace Pearson with no investment to back him up and has been given no time. I think the immediate reaction we saw was relief from the players to the end of Pearson but at the end of the day, we need to change the players, not the manager. Too many signings made under Pearson that were not right. Disappointed in this decision Mr Morris.

Thing is look at the 9 teams above us. There's only really Brighton/PNE who have got a long term manager if you call 3 & 4 years long term. 

Newcastle - march 16

Brighton - 2014

huddersfield  - summer

leeds - summer

reading - summer

Sheff weds - 2015

fulham - 2015

preston - 2013

norwich - n/a

Is stability a myth in the championship?

37 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I hope Mel reads this. I know he occasionally reads on here . And I hope he reads this . Macs gone , fine , whatever nothing I say changes that. But can the next manager please have time to sort this mess.

He won't listen.. 

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Thing is look at the 9 teams above us. There's only really Brighton who have got a long term manager. 

Newcastle - march 16

Brighton - 2014

huddersfield  - summer

leeds - summer

reading - summer

Sheff weds - 2015

fulham - 2015

preston - 2013

norwich - n/a

Is stability a myth in the championship?

Its a fantastic point

we all yern for it because it feels the right thing to do, i still believe it is but when u look at that u have to think is it just the way modern football is 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Its a fantastic point

we all yern for it because it feels the right thing to do, i still believe it is but when u look at that u have to think is it just the way modern football is 

I do agree, it's all chasing short term success but at what cost? 

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If you told me how to run my business, I'd ignore you too tbh.?

You'd regret it if you did that tbf. 

51 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I hope Mel reads this. I know he occasionally reads on here . And I hope he reads this . Macs gone , fine , whatever nothing I say changes that. But can the next manager please have time to sort this mess.

I have staunchly wanted Mac out, never wanted him back in the first place.

However out of all the rubbish I've read on here tonight this post is the most realistic. Agree the next man has to be the right man and has to have time from the club and the fans.

Archived