Do you think Mel Morris regrets sacking Paul Clement?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I don't know. I certainly don't. 

The brand of football that Clement and Pearson served up was disgraceful. Clement, in particular, spent some big money on a lot of players that proved to not be good enough when we just needed a few bodies in key areas to get us over the line. 

I'd argue his impact on this squad, despite short, has left a lasting dent that will take another couple of years to fix. It's a large reason why I don't go to games anymore, the brand of football, the players that he brought in, the attitude of the supporters following the big money signings. It's a poisonous atmosphere now, and has been for two years. It's hard to eradicate that. 

It amazes me how people can put some absurd rumours on the web and then they take hold. The sacking was for football reasons.

Ambitious is right that we're still seeing the effect of them today. Now when our players receive the ball their first thought is still backwards and sideways. Our opposition still find us easy to  play against because they know our first thought will be backwards and sideways. And it's so slow and laboured. I am a little surprised and disappointed they haven't realized the idiocy of it or had it coached out of them. But it's tough this season as we don't seem to have a striker capable of retaining the ball so the players reason that to keep it they need to pass back and sideways. Better to lose the ball with a forward pass that's trying to create a scoring opportunity than keep the ball but never risk losing the ball by creating the opportunity.

Clement was a gamble. He didn't play the way Mel wanted, just as Pearson didnt play the way Mel wanted. If the footballing philosophy is to dictate a club then it needs a ready production line of coaches and players, an epic overseas scouting network, with the obvious model being Southampton, to make it work. We don't have that. We only seem want to buy high-priced British-based players and if McClaren went we would only bring in another of the usual suspects.

Mel would be better off putting such a network in place instead of squandering his hard-earned riches on average players and their agent's commissions. Sam should know this ut seems quiet again.

As you might be able to tell from this post, I hate football at the moment.

I'm of the view Clement thought the Championship and Derby County were below him, so no.

He never showed 5% off the passion he showed last week at Derby, that sums it up, he wanted a job in the PL and he thought he could do it at Derby easily but his tactics got sussed out by teams in early 2016 and lets not forget the awful transfer record.

Only Mel Morris can answer the question posed by this thread. I'd hazard a guess that he regrets quite a few of the decisions he's made whilst being in charge but then again who doesn't regret things with the benefit of hindsight. He's definitely regretted sacking one of our other previous managers hence the return of the Mac so on that basis maybe he also regrets sacking Clement. We'll just have to wait for his autobiography: Mel being Frank- I did it my way. 

8 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I think morris' biggest regret is not appinting himself as manager following the clement sacking. He's messed about with a few managers since but really he could have done a better job himsef  

yes like leeds lets keep sacking managers till we get a good one probably got two or three seasons and twenty to thirty managers to go

No

mel always thinks he is 100% correct about everything.

sacking schteve was the right decision, appointing pearson was the right decision, sacking pearson was the right decision, re-appointing schteve was the right decision, and no doubt sacking schteve will be the right decision once again.

Fantastic record of making the right decisions.

3 hours ago, minesahartington said:

He signed Blackman = there is no case for the defence. 

but wedneday tried to sign blackman and their fans where really dissapointed when we got him some you win some you lose but like a lot of players he hasnt had much chance to prove himself at derby

Archived