Build a team

dcfcfan1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not sure if you were talking about the Wembley PO season, but I enjoyed it and I enjoyed Wembley. I did think at the time that next year will be our year though. Lol.

Sadly not to be.....If we had been promoted we may have scraped through a season and perhaps be somewhere like Stoke are today.

I do feel that derby are the micro version of the England team,no matter what the manager it always ends up the same.

We really should,and this goes for forest fans too,forget our illustrious past and content ourselves with a upper championship future with the hope of going up as a possibility not a likely hood....

We have a long way to go to properly rebuild this team and i wouldn't expect us to be good enough for two more seasons at best...And that's if we stick with Mac and get some continuity...If we twist again even longer.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We have a long way to go to properly rebuild this team and i wouldn't expect us to be good enough for two more seasons at best...And that's if we stick with Mac and get some continuity...If we twist again even longer.

If we bring in the right players and ship out some dross (that was nasty of me), then I can't see why it would take more than one season and build from there. However if it didn't happen like that I'm not going to be screaming for Mac's head. :)

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

If we bring in the right players and ship out some dross (that was nasty of me), then I can't see why it would take more than one season and build from there. However if it didn't happen like that I'm not going to be screaming for Mac's head. :)

I meant ready to challenge by the end of that second season really....So you may be right Roy....Hopefully so.

I also hope Mac is pretty brutal with the clear out pretty season.....I have my favourites as everyone knows but I'm also aware that we need to move on if some are past their prime.

Not Martin or Russell tho??

FYI from port Vale newspaper 

ANDREW BLAKEMORE, from Denford: "It's never easy watching the Vale is it? We needed the players to stand up and be counted given the relegation scrap we find ourselves in. For me there was one man who epitomised this, Callum Guy. What a superb individual display, he covered all of Vale Park several times over, that's the kind if displays we need if we want to survive.

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Agreed ..In 2013/14 after Mac arrived,our plan A was good enough to beat 90 percent of our opposition

9 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

You live in the past, you live in the past, just like Forest, you live in the past.

To the tune of 'you live in the past'...

Plan A doesn't have to be the same plan A as years ago, only a plan A. Surely we can find a system that suits a set of players and play to that system 90% of the time, using plan B only when necessary.

McClaren should have a good idea by now which players are good enough to take the team forward. I assume that the remaining games will be used to look at new systems and seeing how the players could fit into them. The summer should be used to send out those that aren't deemed good enough and to bring in players to fit into Steve's preferred system for next season (be that 433 or whatever). Mel will undoubtably have to underwrite some big spending and some big losses. Sam will have to try bring in new players at the best possible price and on the best possible wages from the club's point of view, and at the same time move players on at the best possible price (please God let's not have another Chris Martin situation). Steve, and his recruitment team, will have to identify the players that are good enough both to improve the team and fit into the system used. Lots of big tasks ahead. Let's hope that they are all up to those tasks.

16 hours ago, Andicis said:

Agreed. When are we truely to blame the PLAYERS and not the manager. Our squad isn't good enough. It's clear. Our fans always blame the manager and our players escape the blame that they should hold. Sure, the manager coaches the players but he's not a miracle worker. If the players don't have the natural ability what is he to do? Is it his fault Alex Pearce can't head a ball? What should he do about that? It's not like we currently have any other options to replace him. 

alex pearce cant head a ball? is that a tongue in cheek remark or are you serious

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Thats a shame because i find your posts hilarious...I really do.

Is it a parody account?......it would explain everything.

It's simple really, I'm a funny guy and you are not.. That's life, it's a bitch sometimes.

Some people like repetitive boring.. There is always a niche for you., Roy likes ya anyway, it's a small club buy hay ho.

:thumbsup:

Archived