Laughing with Houghton

SWRam

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SWRam said:

Why was McClown laughing and joking with Chris Houghton half way through the second half?

Obviously the game didn't mean much to him!

A few of the Derby players found humour in the game too.

6 hours ago, SWRam said:

Why was McClown laughing and joking with Chris Houghton half way through the second half?

Obviously the game didn't mean much to him!

Honestly, this sort of nonsensical interpretation of others' body language is just so frustrating when it's devoid of even the slightest comprehension of psychology.

Clement suffered from it too. Were you one of the people who argued Clement initially didn't display sufficient emotion on the sidelines by any chance?

When I saw it, my first thought was that it was a bad sign too: for the diametrically opposite reason.

I initially thought it resonated of "We might be in trouble here" to be honest.

But I quickly realised that those were MY concerns....

I suspect that you thought you saw is more likely either (a) what YOU were feeling, or (b) what you'd already decided was Mac's lack of passion.

That's much more likely to be fair to you.

Didn't go last night, even though it was on my doorstep.  I made the decision a week or so ago, when l listened to an interview with McClaren when he started by talking about the performances of Bairdy and Pearcy, and Scotty. Thought then (again) this is a guy who wants to be mates with the team rather than manage them to success.  

Then last night, with us getting thumped, he wants to joke around with Hughton, and then the crowd. Thoroughly nice man Mac, someone who wants to like and be liked, but not someone who is going to get amongst an underperforming group of players. They didn't look like they wanted to play for him last night, although he didn't help them by going 424 with a lightweight midfield - what was he thinking there? Perhaps he hasn't seen Brighton play before?

Glad l saved my money last night. Glad l was not in the ground as l might have knocked the bloody grin of Mac's face. 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Glad l saved my money last night. Glad l was not in the ground as l might have knocked the bloody grin of Mac's face. 

Yeah that's what we need.

I cannot believe the things posters find to point out what a terrible manager Mac really is. Perhaps Mac was just feeling relaxed as he'd made his mind up about which of some of this unbalanced, underperforming squad weren't making the effort and had to go - it's a weight off your mind for sure!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah that's what we need.

I cannot believe the things posters find to point out what a terrible manager Mac really is. Perhaps Mac was just feeling relaxed as he'd made his mind up about which of some of this unbalanced, underperforming squad weren't making the effort and had to go - it's a weight off your mind for sure!

Show me a Manager laughing and play acting with the other Club's fans when we are losing 3 - 0 and l will show you a Loser.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Didn't go last night, even though it was on my doorstep.  I made the decision a week or so ago, when l listened to an interview with McClaren when he started by talking about the performances of Bairdy and Pearcy, and Scotty. Thought then (again) this is a guy who wants to be mates with the team rather than manage them to success.  

Then last night, with us getting thumped, he wants to joke around with Hughton, and then the crowd. Thoroughly nice man Mac, someone who wants to like and be liked, but not someone who is going to get amongst an underperforming group of players. They didn't look like they wanted to play for him last night, although he didn't help them by going 424 with a lightweight midfield - what was he thinking there? Perhaps he hasn't seen Brighton play before?

Who do you think we could have played to make the midfield less lightweight out of interest?

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who do you think we could have played to make the midfield less lightweight out of interest?

Last night was calling out for solidity. Brighton were on a mini-wobble, and we needed to keep them quiet because their fans get easily edgy.

We should have started with Nugent up front, and a solid 5 supporting him, in which l include Ince who always works hard and Russell (ditto) playing a bit deeper - Butterfield, Hughes and Bryson making up the numbers. We would still have not have been physical but we would have got amongst them.  Jesus, 424 with De Sart. 

Last post for a few hours.  Will catch up later.

Archived