Don't Sack Mac

Leicester Ram

Has anyone considered that McClown only got the job as there weren't any other feasible candidates available when Pearson got bulleted,  port in a storm and all that. No brainer for Mel Morris give him a try if things work out an inspired decision if they don't then hey there will be better candidates available before the summer. Maybe he wanted to also prove a point in being vindicated by firing him first time around.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Has anyone considered that McClown only got the job as there weren't any other feasible candidates available when Pearson got bulleted,  port in a storm and all that. No brainer for Mel Morris give him a try if things work out an inspired decision if they don't then hey there will be better candidates available before the summer. Maybe he wanted to also prove a point in being vindicated by firing him first time around.  

Nope.

Football fans have no real grip on reality where their Club is concerned it seems.

On 10 March 2017 at 22:35, Leicester Ram said:

Worst thing we could do.

The team is playing absolutely god awful right now, this is truly horrendous but it's what's been coming to us for years. We've had two managers a season, we've bought anything with a pulse, we've changed styles and now we have a squad that is a cluster **** of 4 managers different ideas.

Is it really a surprise that we're going to finish mid-table? 

Tonight (Brighton A) for example:

Keogh is injured so we don't have a ball playing CB. Not even Shackell is fit, so we're stuck with Baird at CB with Pearce. Not only is that pairing un-dynamic, it's not at least as robust as Shackell and Pearce would be.

Johnson is injured and of course Thorne is out, so there's not a single physical midfielder we can call on. de Sart, who clearly isn't ready for the responsibility or demands of playing DM in the Championship is our only option. 

You can't leave him on his own so you have to put one of Butterfield, an unfit Bryson or an out of form Hughes out of position at DM.

The only decent winger we have properly fit is Ince, so you have to play Vydra, a low on confidence ST on the wing. That's already an us dynamic team without much pace, so Nugent's in at CAM.

Then we get to ST itself, when there's not a striker in there who can really hold the ball up and even if they did, no ones really getting close to them. So Bent's the best option, he's the most likely to win a header out of the lot.

You could argue we could have made moves in January, but really it would have been more of the same. Overpaying for average players on long contracts who are no better than what we've already got. I commend the club and McClaren for not dishing out on any ***** in January, it was a stance that we'll benefit from in the long term.

That's what we've come to, that absolute *****, unfunctional team made up of players that could be decent. But they're not, because there's no long-term plan or identity at the club at all, and the playing staff reflect that. It's not McClaren's fault and it's not the players fault. Some of them really shouldn't be here, it's a shame for the players like Ince, Hughes and Keogh who should be here.

But, there are the glimmers of a plan, signs that we're going to turn a corner. McClaren's key to all that, if there's one manager that's had a distinctive plan and identity 

-Martin and Hughes have signed new contracts

-McClaren's got Ince playing like he had him playing last time, he looks like a PL player

-George Thorne is due back and even if he isn't, there's a summer to find another physical DM to compete with Johnson.

Does anyone really think if you gave McClaren a core of Martin, Ince, Hughes, Thorne, Keogh and Carson and a summer to sort out the rest of the team that he couldn't bury us in the championship top 6 next season? He could give us more than just an identity, he could give us a really good one. If it wasn't for ridiculously unlucky injuries I think he'd have taken us up last time, I'm confident he can do it this time.

I believe in McClaren, I really do, I think it says a lot about him that he had this squad and this season anywhere near the play-off's, because it really is a mess.

The last thing we need right now is to change manager again, it's only going to make this mess worse. There's a core of players here that McClaren can build around, he's already got the most important players for the system here, the spine of a team.

He's got the best chance at making the last few seasons actually mean something instead of putting us right back where we started when Clough took over, a mid-table team full of overpaid players that don't fit together.

McClaren's been dealt a bad hand this season, but I think he could kickstart this club again in the summer.

I was drunk when I wrote this #GaryRowettsBarmyArmy

Much as I want stability and dislike the knee jerk calls for mangers to go after a poor run of results, I can't help thinking the games up for McLaren. I just can't see that, given the summer, he will sort this out as many posters seem to think. Nothing he is saying or doing in terms of team selection or tactics gives me any confidence that he knows how to turn this poor run of form around. If he knew we have a bloated and unbalanced squad then why wasn't more done in January to address this? Some players (Butterfield, JR, Christie) seem to be going backwards under his coaching. I hate to agree with the Geordies I live amongst but he was totally lacking in ideas at St James Park and this season is looking worryingly similar for us.

stability is great, but it is not enough on its own to bring about the improvements we need.

2 minutes ago, Whitley ram said:

Much as I want stability and dislike the knee jerk calls for mangers to go after a poor run of results, I can't help thinking the games up for McLaren. I just can't see that, given the summer, he will sort this out as many posters seem to think. Nothing he is saying or doing in terms of team selection or tactics gives me any confidence that he knows how to turn this poor run of form around. If he knew we have a bloated and unbalanced squad then why wasn't more done in January to address this? Some players (Butterfield, JR, Christie) seem to be going backwards under his coaching. I hate to agree with the Geordies I live amongst but he was totally lacking in ideas at St James Park and this season is looking worryingly similar for us.

stability is great, but it is not enough on its own to bring about the improvements we need.

ummm...

Archived