Bingo ,, case solved

archied

Ok here is the answer to our riddle ,, who did scouting and recruitment for the Jim smith / s Mac era?   Answer that question and re employ them and it's job done ,, everything else at the club is in place for lift off?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

People call Ravanelli, but he scored into double figures the year we went down. In today's game that would have earnt him a 30 million pound move to Liverpool.

He couldn't take a penalty for toffee though.

He scored 31 goals for Middlesbrough 96/97 season. They went down as well.

16 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

He scored 31 goals for Middlesbrough 96/97 season. They went down as well.

Just had a look and Shearer got the Golden Boot that year with 25 goals. I assume Ravanelli scored more in cup games, but that must be a record of a player scoring that many goals (Golden Boot-level figures) and also getting relegated? Couldn't have happened often!

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

People call Ravanelli, but he scored into double figures the year we went down. In today's game that would have earnt him a 30 million pound move to Liverpool.

He couldn't take a penalty for toffee though.

He scored 9 goals that season in the league and 5 the next. His wages cost us a fortune. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Just had a look and Shearer got the Golden Boot that year with 25 goals. I assume Ravanelli scored more in cup games, but that must be a record of a player scoring that many goals (Golden Boot-level figures) and also getting relegated? Couldn't have happened often!

Andrew Johnson at Crystal Palace springs to mind.

I can remember watching Rav at the Gillingham game after relegation where we got beat 1-0 he walked around that game and his body language screamed WTF am I doing here..

Although to be fair most people think that when they go to Gillingham

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I can remember watching Rav at the Gillingham game after relegation where we got beat 1-0 he walked around that game and his body language screamed WTF am I doing here..

Although to be fair most people think that when they go to Gillingham

Yep was there too and your spot on

Archived