Rams upsetting agents

admira

Derby not on a 'level playing field' with Wasserman Media Group links, according to rival agents

By Charles Sale for the Daily Mail
22:40, 09 Mar 2017, updated 00:27, 10 

* Derby academy chief Darren Wassall's son Ayrton works as coach for the club

* The former Rams youth player doubles as a scout for Wasserman Media Group

* Derby's chief executive Sam Rush joined the club from Wasserman's European operation and the agency look after a number of Rams players

Derby County's close links with football agency Wasserman Media Group are upsetting rival agents, who claim it is not a 'level playing field' when representing players from the club.

Derby academy chief Darren Wassall's son Ayrton works as one of the coaches in the youth set-up as well as being employed by WMG, mainly in a scouting capacity.

A number of Derby players are on the WMG books, including Jamie Hanson, who is on loan at Wigan. He joined Derby around the same time as Wassall Jnr, who never made the grade. 

Derby County's close links with football agency Wasserman Media Group are upsetting rival agents, who claim it is not a 'level playing field' when representing players from the club.

Derby academy chief Darren Wassall's son Ayrton works as one of the coaches in the youth set-up as well as being employed by WMG, mainly in a scouting capacity.

A number of Derby players are on the WMG books, including Jamie Hanson, who is on loan at Wigan. He joined Derby around the same time as Wassall Jnr, who never made the grade. 

Derby's strong connection with WMG also runs to chief executive Sam Rush having joined the club from heading the agency's European operation.

A Derby spokesman would only confirm that Ayrton Wassall is an academy coach. An WMG spokesman said that he worked with their agents but was not a licensed intermediary.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it. 

"Rival agents" claim to be unhappy that Wasserman representatives are pushing players towards a club that they have connections with.

So "rival agents" do what? Delete their phone book and put ads in the paper? 

"Rival agents" are running out of footballers to represent because the best players are all scouted by a DCFC contact? 

I don't get it. 

It sounds to me as if "rival agents" should get a little tiny tissue to mop up their little tiny tears and get to work. 

Last night I posted this in the suggestion thread...

Keeping it in the family:

couldve started a topic on this but I thought I'd see what people think in here... 

looking on transfermrkt http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/berateruebersicht/verein/22 

Derby seemed to be linked often with players owned by the same agents. For example

James Grant Sports:

Rhodes, De Yedlin, Lawrence and Hourihane 

James Grant Sports also seems to make up most of our 07/08 side 

Key Sport Management: 

Lansbury, James, O'dowda and Paterson to name a few 

so, do you think they could just use Derby to drum up interest, or do you think our scouts only will use certain channels to search for players? 

Theres always been accusations in the past about Sam Rush's former agency and Derby. 

Wasserman's on Transfermrkt doesn't appear to claim the rights to any Derby players...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wasserman-media-group/beraterfirma/berater/440

4 hours ago, admira said:

Derby not on a 'level playing field' with Wasserman Media Group links, according to rival agents

By Charles Sale for the Daily Mail
22:40, 09 Mar 2017, updated 00:27, 10 

* Derby academy chief Darren Wassall's son Ayrton works as coach for the club

* The former Rams youth player doubles as a scout for Wasserman Media Group

* Derby's chief executive Sam Rush joined the club from Wasserman's European operation and the agency look after a number of Rams players

Derby's strong connection with WMG also runs to chief executive Sam Rush having joined the club from heading the agency's European operation.

A Derby spokesman would only confirm that Ayrton Wassall is an academy coach. An WMG spokesman said that he worked with their agents but was not a licensed intermediary.

You can say that again!

2 hours ago, Waffle said:

Last night I posted this in the suggestion thread...

Keeping it in the family:

couldve started a topic on this but I thought I'd see what people think in here... 

looking on transfermrkt http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/derby-county/berateruebersicht/verein/22 

Derby seemed to be linked often with players owned by the same agents. For example

James Grant Sports:

Rhodes, De Yedlin, Lawrence and Hourihane 

James Grant Sports also seems to make up most of our 07/08 side 

Key Sport Management: 

Lansbury, James, O'dowda and Paterson to name a few 

so, do you think they could just use Derby to drum up interest, or do you think our scouts only will use certain channels to search for players? 

Theres always been accusations in the past about Sam Rush's former agency and Derby. 

Wasserman's on Transfermrkt doesn't appear to claim the rights to any Derby players...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wasserman-media-group/beraterfirma/berater/440

You could have added the First Contact agency.

i suspect that a big part of our recruitment now is based on relationships with agents. 

Archived