Marvin Johnson

BuckoBeast

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't we got enough players, including wingers for the future? The Scottish lad that has just come in and the youngster on loan at Gloucester? Think we need to sign a proven winger on the left who will be better than what we already have....

41 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

At 26, he's probably found his level where he is at the moment. 

Not necessarily.

Could be a late burner. Only had one full season with motherwell; a summer move to the only english club that came in for him apparently; then one season for oxford.

he could have gone under the radar.

looks strong and quite aggressive.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Jamie Vardy would a premier league medal at 29.

Wes 'the Major Joke' Morgan won a premier league medal at 32.

26 is Not too old.

Can you name any other players who came up from the lower divisions at that age and had a similar impact?

Doing a bit of googling and he wasn't a cheap signing for Oxford.  Motherwell picked him up for £25k in 2015 and sold him to Oxford 18 months later for around £1m.  Assume Oxford will be looking at £3m+ judging by their recent sales activity (Roofe etc.)

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

I personally think we do not need to bring in another winger, we should be looking for an attacking midfielder and a young striker

I agree. How about gambling on a 15 goal a season attacking midfielder like Craig Bryson and blooding a strong, pacy forward like Mason Bennett?

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I agree. How about gambling on a 15 goal a season attacking midfielder like Craig Bryson and blooding a strong, pacy forward like Mason Bennett?

You mean finding a Craig Bryson circa 2014. The one we have isn't that player anymore. Instead of Bennett we perhaps need to also look at our younger strikers e.g. Zanzala.

Archived