"What's wrong with Derby?"

Derbados

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ilsonram12 said:

Really?? Not the bag of ******** players or Steve mcsnake??

we lucky to have Mel, it's the **** below him mismanaging this club

You misspelled unlucky 

Keith Andrews said before the game said that the problem is the Derby hierarchy meaning Mel Morris. Andrews has connections within the Derby squad and I imagine he still keeps in touch with some of the Irish playing Derby players so he probably knows more than us regarding behind the scenes

1 hour ago, GerryDaly said:

I really don't get you ! 

We were in the top 6 ... Breifly after a run of narrow wins. We've not been good enough all season, why get angry that it evened itself out?

How can that be dead ? In September.... If you don't read my posts why should I explain them?

Please explain .

13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'll try my best pal. :cool:

I think your whole argument is illogical. A football season is NEVER over in the first month.. it's never dead.

If you think it's been all a fait accompli since Pearson left then why was saint Steve getting so much credit and kudos for that run of wins we had, when actually according to you we were just winning to stay in the mid table wasteland?

Those wins put DCFC in a good position in December, a position which a better manager than saint Steve would've utilised as an ideal springboard to launch a chase on the top 6/2.... jeez on the Brighton forums they considered us their main threat at the start of the year..:ermm:

But no.Steve has just been Steve.... I like him, think he's a decent man, but he lacks what is needed to get us out of this division.And it's been another missed opportunity.

44 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Those wins put DCFC in a good position in December, a position which a better manager than saint Steve would've utilised as an ideal springboard to launch a chase on the top 6/2.... jeez on the Brighton forums they considered us their main threat at the start of the year..:ermm:

Yeah very reasoned. Nice to know you're not hating Mac too, makes you seem so much more believable.

The squad are an assembly of different wants and needs by too many people. Keeping them achieving consistently was too big an ask, but obviously a better manager could have got more out of these players! Not.

53 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

I think your whole argument is illogical. A football season is NEVER over in the first month.. it's never dead.

If you think it's been all a fait accompli since Pearson left then why was saint Steve getting so much credit and kudos for that run of wins we had, when actually according to you we were just winning to stay in the mid table wasteland?

But no.Steve has just been Steve.... I like him, think he's a decent man, but he lacks what is needed to get us out of this division.And it's been another missed opportunity.

I don't doubt that we should have kicked on after we briefly got into the top 6 but;

-  the performances that got us there weren't convincing, we rode our luck in more than a few games

-  maybe the money has gone.  We must be close to FFP and couldn't afford to kick on in January

I personally think we're in limbo for a couple of seasons now, we need to shift under-performing, over-paid players and start again. I can't see there being a lot of takers for the majority of the squad so what you see is what you get for bit.

I believe that a manager should be given chance to build the squad he wants, chopping managers every half season has destroyed the good work that Nigel Clough did (I'm not talking about his brand of exciting football, more the small, tight knit squad on low wages).  We need to get back to that and start over.

Whoever is in charge next season has a big job on their hands.

52 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

By the time Pearson was booted the damage had been done. At that point, OK, perhaps not dead, but achieving anything was highly unlikely and to from where we were to where are is basically average. 

We did it by a good run followed by a bad run - if it had been win a couple lose a couple the whole way would you still be so mad?

You seem to have mistaken me for an unconditional McClaren lover, I'm not. You also seem to have mistaken a good run of wins for being a good team (which McClaren then ruined post December)

It's as illogical to base your current position on achieving a peak in December as it is for me to dismiss our chances in September having seen a not quite good enough team be transformed into an utterly awful one. I basically didn't expect it to last because we'd over-performed getting to 5th you seem to think 5th was a minimum expectation because we're Derby County.

At the start of the season, lots of people thought Nigel Pearson was a promotion manager.

Just now, maxjam said:

I don't doubt that we should have kicked on after we briefly got into the top 6 but;

-  the performances that got us there weren't convincing, we rode our luck in more than a few games

-  maybe the money has gone.  We must be close to FFP and couldn't afford to kick on in January

I personally think we're in limbo for a couple of seasons now, we need to shift under-performing, over-paid players and start again. I can't see there being a lot of takers for the majority of the squad so what you see is what you get for bit.

I believe that a manager should be given chance to build the squad he wants, chopping managers every half season has destroyed the good work that Nigel Clough did (I'm not talking about his brand of exciting football, more the small, tight knit squad on low wages).  We need to get back to that and start over.

Whoever is in charge next season has a big job on their hands.

I seem to recall us praising the January additions as being quite astute. 

Reality is that they haven't really kicked us on as I expected them to. 

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I seem to recall us praising the January additions as being quite astute. 

Reality is that they haven't really kicked us on as I expected them to. 

De Sart hasn't seemingly worked out and Nugent isn't that bad but isn't that good either.

I'm still glad we didn't spend another truck load on average players - they've contributed about as much as last January's signings for a couple of million less outlay.

19 hours ago, Ram On Toast said:

I honestly believe the reason we're **** is 100% down to Julian De Sart.

100%

I'd love to see the stats with him playing compared to when he's not.

To me, he's symbolic but not the whole reason. I'll probably do a monster post at some point using quotes and stuff… but I think McClaren's tried to coach us back into the team we once were but without the players. De Sart was brought in to help us control possession again, which we ARE doing now.

We no longer have the players to execute this style of football.

There's no point going back now as we'll be going back to this next season… hopefully with a better squad.

PistoldPete2

The towering experts at Sky, Peter Beagrie and two other blokes whose legendary status has caused me to forget their names debated this before and during the brighton game. 

According to them, Derby should have expected success because managers Pearson and clement have had success with other clubs, and so have Johnson and shackell . By process of elimination, as it can't be the players or the managers fault it must be the owners fault, although such was their expertise they couldn't quite name who the owner is.

one muppet even said that because Derby had not won promotion in the last four years they might never win promotion.

oh boy! I'm glad those guys aren't in charge at derby

47 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

According to them, Derby should have expected success because managers Pearson and clement have had success with other clubs, and so have Johnson and shackell .

They emphasised that Johnson and Shack were the type of player needed to win promotion. What they didn't bother to mention in regards to the game v Brighton was that both were currently injured. #halfarsednonsense

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

They emphasised that Johnson and Shack were the type of player needed to win promotion. What they didn't bother to mention in regards to the game v Brighton was that both were currently injured. #halfarsednonsense

Also shack is getting on a bit and Johnson no spring chick. It's no good saying just cos they've won promotion elsewhere they should win it for Derby too. 

I think one of the problems we have is not having talent spotters who can find young players on the way up rather than buying established players who are maybe on the way down. 

Mel Morris. We spent years building a stable club with Nigel Clough, it was boring, mentally draining, with few highs and lots of midtable finishes, but built a team to be proud of. Every member of staff, player and fan was invested in the club. The players played for each other, they played for the fans and when mcclaren took charge the first time we saw what a fresh manager that was more tactically capable could do with that squad. It's a great and rare combination. We bought a couple of players here and there to strengthen key positions, Thorne £3m for example, and it was great to see a signing of that sum come in.

Look at the club now, look at the team. Who's can honestly say that they've got pride in it. This isn't the Derby way, it's the Chelsea way, the man city way. Throw money at it and buy the league title. I appreciate that Morris has invested in some great areas of the club, the academy and other improvements around the ground but it's completely meaningless. Everything that was built since 2008/09 - gone. It was completely worthless.

Edit: also I think that Jake Buxton epitomizes what I'm saying. Hes not the kind of player that we'd have around anymore. Is he worse than Pearce or Baird? I don't know, but one thing I do know is that he would have a massive impact in the dressing room around about now.

Archived