Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

Usually when I moan about a starting line up we go and win and I look a plonker, but I never learn, so ... what the bloody hell is that? Dropping Russell after a couple of good performances. Leaving Hughes on the bench in favour of De Sart and Butterfield. Playing a very attacking left winger and choosing not to start Lowe to at least give us a little bit of defence down the left. 

And why is Shackell who barely missed a game ever for Burnley now suddenly injured every week? 

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

What the hell is going with Hughes? rumours of him having a bust up with McClaren starting to look true? He's by far the best player at the club and should be in the first name on the team sheet. Butterfield ain't fit to lace his boots. 

Butters has been the better player for weeks now. 

I would have picked Hughes though. Not De Sart.

17 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Looks like

Carson

Christie Baird Pearce Olsson

Butterfield  DeSart

Ince         Nugent        Vydra

Bent

Think I agree with Shaftbury St. Would rather see Nugent up front with Vydra behind and Jonny on the wing

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What in the **** is that lineup! If it wasn't hard enough, mcclaren appears to have taken some sort of drugs and played lineup bingo! Why the hell is bent back in, no disrespect to him as a player but he ain't right for that role, not at all. Needs to be a big man up front like Nugent with a second striker in behind, mcclaren has totally misjudged the formation here. If we're dropping Russell we're much better off bringing in Anya and playing vydra in the hole where he should be. I'll maintain hope that I'm missing something, but I'm not hopeful here, not that I was anyway tbf:lol:

Hear! Hear! Before seeing the line-up, I was thinking that we might just pull out one of those "shazam" type performances where it all clicks and a freshened 11 with Hughes and Bryson might just click...but I will actually eat McClaren's water bottle if that side even gets a point. Fear the worst now with the Brighton express steaming through Derby's Platform 1 and tearing us asunder. If we keep it to 0-3 I will be surprised. Not normally negative but some Derby fans have travelled a long way...I already feel sorry for them. :mellow:

Just now, Ellafella said:

Hear! Hear! Before seeing the line-up, I was thinking that we might just pull out one of those "shazam" type performances where it all clicks and a freshened 11 with Hughes and Bryson might just click...but I will actually eat McClaren's water bottle if that side even gets a point. Fear the worst now with the Brighton express steaming through Derby's Platform 1 and tearing us asunder. If we keep it to 0-3 I will be surprised. Not normally negative but some Derby fans have travelled a long way...I already feel sorry for them. :mellow:

I've only come 60 miles on a super off-peak day return. But I'll still be peed off if we get a drubbing. ...

Good to see the moaning has started half an hour before we've even kicked off.

Guess it's just so the 'told you so' brigade can give themselves a pat on the back if we lose and tell us all that they know better than our manager who works with the players day in day out...

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Good to see the moaning has started half an hour before we've even kicked off.

Guess it's just so the 'told you so' brigade can give themselves a pat on the back if we lose and tell us all that they know better than our manager who works with the players day in day out...

You are moaning about moaning, so you are also part of the brigade.

9 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

It doesn't look like a 0-0 game this does it?!

Looks like a 3-0 Brighton :(:( 

seriously hughes should be starting tonight instead of bent he offers nothing holding the ball up wise or bringing others in to play :(. Will watch with faint optimism though.

This is going to end so badly, can see them scoring 3, 4, 5, 6...?! Tempted not to watch but it's like a man on a ledge, I just can't turn away.

I'm not Steve out, and I'd love a good result, but hell this is us V Brighton, and there looks a league between us.

Well I predicted a 3-1 loss Andy, not because I am a ****** but I just see this game as a match of confident v fragile and I just think confident will win without too much problem. 

I would love it, love it if the lads prove me wrong, I'd be chuffed with a draw, a win...I'd be cockaflippinhoop. COYR ? 

Archived