Season ticket swap

bucktwo

7 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I recently heard an interview with Matt Le Tissier, and he said he knew that he was entering an entertainment business when he became a professional footballer and therefore he had to entertain.

I didn't appreciate him at the time but oh how I'd kill for a player like that to break into the Derby team and entertain the fans.

That is what's missing from football now. Not just Derby. Let the players enjoy entertaining us and we'll be forever grateful.

Same for me. Must admit, I enjoyed watching Aiden McGeady last night. OK, his final ball wasn't always great but his skill on the ball and the way he found space was a joy to watch. 

Footballs becoming too robotic. No one takes a player on any more, its all about moving the ball quickly and playing in systems......

Saying that, I will be renewing, but I reckon the renewals will go down back to the levels pre Wembley season. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see it as a bit of a gamble. A bet if you like. I put my money down thinking this will be one of the best seasons ever. It's paid off a couple of times but more often than not the season has been rather disappointing. Anyway I am still convinced next season we will be flying high with Thorne as our anchor and Hughes carving open defences and Chrissy and Ince bagging 20 + goals each. Ahhhh!!!!

Will it happen?? May be not but I can't risk not being there just incase.

I have had season tickets for too many years to rember but last night driving home 

I thought do I really want too travel to watch wot I think is very mediocre footbal

at times not just Derby but many other teams , a lot  of us work hard all day

finish early so we can travel then get let down again and again will I renew 

I guess I am a glutton for punishment  up the Rams 

1 hour ago, whaley bridge Ram said:

I don't demand promotion at all all I want is to see a team that can command a home game

for at least 80mins and this team just can't do it I am not a glory hunter just want us to 

so stupid isn't in it loyal yes 

You expect us to win every home game?

Most teams can't do it, nearly every team in the history of football has lost or drawn once in the season.

Surely you're aware that every other club in the division wants to win every game as well, so it's not really possible for every team to win every game of football, or command every game for 80 minutes, whatever that means.

I will renew because we are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

The way i look at it, if you went from watching Kevin Hector to Alan Biley you can't be hurt anymore.

I prefer it when the queues are smaller at half time anyway.

Lets not fall out, we'll welcome you back when we go up :p

I was saying to someone before the game last night that I seem to be falling out of love with football - not just the Rams, but football in general. I'm pretty sure I'll renew (though the buggers can wait until the last minute of the renewal period to get my money), but it's getting harder every year.

I bought my first season ticket in 82 when the club was in a truly horrendous mess on and off the field. Once we avoided going out of business you'd think things could only get better, but I'm sure I had a far greater affinity for the club in those bad old days of the 2nd and 3rd divisions than I do know. I know Mel is doing his best for the club by splashing out bigger and bigger transfer fees, but the more we pay, the more remote the players seem to be - and the more mercenary they appear so that in most cases I don't feel any connection to them at all (I think the 'cars' thread has actually highlighted that). I watch players walking off the pitch having lost a game and in too many cases, it seems that it doesn't matter to them - well it's hard to give a monkey's about them if they feel that way....

After a  further while of reflection, it is the remote feeling that is a contributing factor. Although the players do loads of community based stuff , its on the field that the connections seem lost.. i currently watch a team that is disjointed , unbalanced and in need of further major surgery. Please bear in mind i have been a regular attendee at the BBG since 1975 and my first season ticket was we'll be back in '81 with Biley & Swindlehurst et al...i am a lifelong Ram !

I fear that MacClaren will  end up true to form of his previous manager positions and have a disgruntled dressing room , with a few favourites who are never subbed or dropped, with a hit and miss unpredictability or performance ...i believe he will have somewhat of a clear out in the summer but we will fare no better next term. 

I know i will miss it terribly , i know i should just renew and stop whinging ...i also know i have zero feeling of league position entitlement or glory hunting ... i want to watch a team with passion EVERY WEEK and every minute. I will accept occasional brilliance or occasional seasons of brilliant players in the white shirt, i want a team and an amazing fan base with clear common vision...

Even though we have witnessed many years of mediocrity , in some of those seasons there has been amazing camaraderie and pursuit of common goals , something that may be there now under Mels stewardship (but it hides itself well) ... i feel for Mel for all the reasons well documented and also remember Lionel pumping millions into the playing staff before Jim Smith came along and sorted it before we had the recent glory years... I was more inclined to accept the tight fisted , diligent (albeit limited) work done by Nigel Clough (working with in strict financial guidelines) that produced some whole hearted clubmen like Bucko who connected with the fanbase...

As for the thread title "season ticket swap" its a swap for some extra free time to realise if it is more fun to be there in person or support from afar...time will tell .  

1 hour ago, bucktwo said:

I fear that MacClaren will  end up true to form of his previous manager positions and have a disgruntled dressing room , with a few favourites who are never subbed or dropped,

I think that Keogh and Carson are the only two not to have been dropped or subbed by SM and as they are (with reasonably common agreement) the two players who have played consistently well this season, that's probably fair enough.  I don't think that there's any player in the squad, apart from those two, who can have any complaints about being left out or subbed. Even Will.

Interesting thread in terms of what motivates people to buy a season ticket. Each to their own and everybody is different.

i've always worked on the basis that I'll keep buying a season ticket for either as long as I can afford it and/or it is practical (e.g. If I still live within a reasonable distance... I'm may have to move for work for example ). I guess confusing to enjoy would come into it too, but as I generally enjoy gong to football whatever the long term results I don't see this as an issue.

I may be in the minority but my support for Derby County is not contingent on getting promoted or 'having success'. God, if I'd have abandoned them everytime they hadn't met my expectations (which tend to be less onerous than most) then I would hardly ever have been to see a match.  I don't feel the need to 'punish' them with my non-attendance. Apart from anything else, I'd miss it. 

Having said that, football is supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun, then there's not a lot of point buying a ST.... i can't see me ever getting to that point. 

My motivation for having a season ticket was to spend time with my son watching the team I love.

I've now realised that he can watch the best teams in the world often on TV. Players he knows, who's stickers he collects.

It's not what it was twenty years ago. As a kid I was far less aware of the difference between the Championship and the Premier league. In fact, bar the few amazing foreign players each Prem team had there wasn't a huge gap. We proved that by the end of the 96/97 season.

My boy wants to watch Hazard, Pogba, Zlatan, Aguero, etc. Unfortunately, the Championship doesn't entertain him.

I know i'll get more out of next season by going to games with him in a spur of the moment. Especially with all these Saturday/Tuesday home game doubles. It's all become too familiar and so have the performances. And to give my boy the real thrills of football I am going to have to venture out to watch teams that I don't follow.

7 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I think that Keogh and Carson are the only two not to have been dropped or subbed by SM and as they are (with reasonably common agreement) the two players who have played consistently well this season, that's probably fair enough.  I don't think that there's any player in the squad, apart from those two, who can have any complaints about being left out or subbed. Even Will.

He never dropped Keogh in his last tenure, and he was far from consistent then. 

SM is renowned for having his favourites and trying to be a lad rather than a leader. I forget what player said that about his England reign. He tried to be mates with certain players, rather than a manager. 

Last season was the first time I'd been able to afford a season ticket, as well as the costs in travelling. I still get excited when I open my wallet and see it there! Sometimes the football is dire or exasperating, but I love being there, getting to know the supporters around me, the atmosphere, even the moaning. It's still a bit kid at Christmas for me and I'll carry on buying a season ticket while I can physically get there. Oh, and my dad would have been thrilled to bits!

I'll take the OP's question at face value 

As such, I'm willing to swop the remainder of my season ticket for a packet of Tomato snaps (grab bag sized or above), a 16 can pack of Stella 440ml, and a promise to match the 10% discount at Cosmo world buffet at each and every visit, regardless of location.

Archived