Jump to content

Season ticket swap


bucktwo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am one of the fortunate ones who have held a season ticket at Pride Park since it was built . I have attended every home game I possibly could during the last twenty years despite the increasingly tricky fixture schedule fitting in around the rest of my life ... so like 22 thousand more I make priority choices for my time and my money to follow the Rams ... 

Why is it that every season when ticket early bird renewal comes around I feel increasingly reluctant to part with the cash and re commit ? 

Is it  because I have been let down repeatedly ? 

Is it because I have better things to do with my time ? 

Is it because I have better things to do with my money ? 

Is it because of blind loyalty to the support of the club and feel a sense of we really should be better than this ? 

All of them . 

I will not be renewing .

I need to feel the difference after 20 years ...

Will I miss it ? of course 

Will I rejoin ? 

Is is just me or are there others who feel the same ? 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I renewed with my heart this year. My head was telling me it was a bad idea. I will miss the Saturday day out with the lads, but that's it. 

Next year is 100% my last. I actually dread going. The feeling of frustration and disappointment is rapidly becoming anger and resentment. 

Panthers ST for me in the future. I get to cheer on multiple teams a season then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

I am one of the fortunate ones who have held a season ticket at Pride Park since it was built . I have attended every home game I possibly could during the last twenty years despite the increasingly tricky fixture schedule fitting in around the rest of my life ... so like 22 thousand more I make priority choices for my time and my money to follow the Rams ... 

Why is it that every season when ticket early bird renewal comes around I feel increasingly reluctant to part with the cash and re commit ? 

Is it  because I have been let down repeatedly ? 

Is it because I have better things to do with my time ? 

Is it because I have better things to do with my money ? 

Is it because of blind loyalty to the support of the club and feel a sense of we really should be better than this ? 

All of them . 

I will not be renewing .

I need to feel the difference after 20 years ...

Will I miss it ? of course 

Will I rejoin ? 

Is is just me or are there others who feel the same ? 

 

 

 

Goodbye then, I hope you find a more fulfilling way to spend your money and Friday night/Sunday lunchtime/Tuesday night/anytime on a Saturday (whatever time and day kick off happens to be). 

Whilst there have been numerous occasions when I've come away from a game feeling despondent I have already renewed and did so without hesitation. Never in question for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

I am one of the fortunate ones who have held a season ticket at Pride Park since it was built . I have attended every home game I possibly could during the last twenty years despite the increasingly tricky fixture schedule fitting in around the rest of my life ... so like 22 thousand more I make priority choices for my time and my money to follow the Rams ... 

Why is it that every season when ticket early bird renewal comes around I feel increasingly reluctant to part with the cash and re commit ? 

Is it  because I have been let down repeatedly ? 

Is it because I have better things to do with my time ? 

Is it because I have better things to do with my money ? 

Is it because of blind loyalty to the support of the club and feel a sense of we really should be better than this ? 

All of them . 

I will not be renewing .

I need to feel the difference after 20 years ...

Will I miss it ? of course 

Will I rejoin ? 

Is is just me or are there others who feel the same ? 

Depends what you go for I guess.

If you are going because you want to see Premier League players every week the, yes, you've been let down for 9 or 10 years.

If you go because you like to watch some decent football and have a bit of excitement then you've not done too badly.

I think football in general loses it's appeal as you get older and take a different perspective.

15 years ago when I was young(er) free and single, I would do anything to get to watch Derby and England home and away, these days now I'm older with house, wife and kids other things are much more important to me.

As long as I can still afford it I will continue going but it's mainly for the day out with the lads but even they are diluted now due to ridiculous match days/times.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I renewed with my heart this year. My head was telling me it was a bad idea. I will miss the Saturday day out with the lads, but that's it. 

Next year is 100% my last. I actually dread going. The feeling of frustration and disappointment is rapidly becoming anger and resentment. 

Panthers ST for me in the future. I get to cheer on multiple teams a season then. 

I don't understand. If you dread going and you're 100% not going after next year why bother putting yourself through the pain for another year? Are you sure it's 100%? What if we have an absolute cracking season (with or without promotion) are you sure you won't feel differently in 12 months?

 

Incidentally Bucktwo, why is the thread titled season ticket swap? Just curious, seems an odd title. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

I am one of the fortunate ones who have held a season ticket at Pride Park since it was built . I have attended every home game I possibly could during the last twenty years despite the increasingly tricky fixture schedule fitting in around the rest of my life ... so like 22 thousand more I make priority choices for my time and my money to follow the Rams ... 

Why is it that every season when ticket early bird renewal comes around I feel increasingly reluctant to part with the cash and re commit ? 

Is it  because I have been let down repeatedly ? 

Is it because I have better things to do with my time ? 

Is it because I have better things to do with my money ? 

Is it because of blind loyalty to the support of the club and feel a sense of we really should be better than this ? 

All of them . 

I will not be renewing .

I need to feel the difference after 20 years ...

Will I miss it ? of course 

Will I rejoin ? 

Is is just me or are there others who feel the same ? 

 

 

 

With you every step of the way.

I'm not renewing after 26 years of having a season ticket. Not just because of the football.

Will I miss it, yes but not as much as I would have done at one point. I left on 75 mins last night and wish I'd stayed at home.

It's OK saying you have a ticket to go with your mates but to watch that, surely you can find something better to do than watch a team that do not play and perform like footballers should.

Last night showed what our football team has become and its the same all the time, even when we did make it to the Premier League, the season we were in there was awful.

Football is a pleasure thing for me and if you don't get pleasure, you don't go again until it gets better.

Its overpriced and undervalue at the minute and quite frankly, a lot of people will walk away from football in general if it carries on.

Honest answers, who actually gave a crap when their goal went in last night on 95 minutes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to buy the 6 or 12 game deals

when they scrapped it and the staff in tne ticket office became @rseholes i committed to a ST

I think they brought the match plans back?

if so its a good option because it can be difficult getting to every game

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't understand. If you dread going and you're 100% not going after next year why bother putting yourself through the pain for another year? Are you sure it's 100%? What if we have an absolute cracking season (with or without promotion) are you sure you won't feel differently in 12 months?

 

Incidentally Bucktwo, why is the thread titled season ticket swap? Just curious, seems an odd title. 

At the moment I wish I hadn't renewed. I did do it a while ago. 

Of course I may change my mind, and I hope I do. I travelled from the Isle of Wight watching Derby for about 20 years so it would be sad to live here now, and give up my ST after 6 years of being able to have one. I hope the love comes back. 

That said, life is short, and dreading the activities on your one day off in 7 isn't really the way to live it. Whether that makes me a 'half fan' or not is irrelevant to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

At the moment I wish I hadn't renewed. I did do it a while ago. 

Of course I may change my mind, and I hope I do. I travelled from the Isle of Wight watching Derby for about 20 years so it would be sad to live here now, and give up my ST after 6 years of being able to have one. I hope the love comes back. 

That said, life is short, and dreading the activities on your one day off in 7 isn't really the way to live it. Whether that makes me a 'half fan' or not is irrelevant to me. 

I didn't accuse you of being a half fan. In fact you have my absolute admiration for the journey you've had to endure. I was just curious as to why you renewed a few weeks ago but are now 100% certain you won't renew again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can see the frustration and also feel it at times. It feels like we are becoming the nearly boys. For the last few years around Jan/Feb/Mar time I've thought next year will be our year or once a player is fit we will do better. I question it at times but Derby County are my club. I chose to follow them when my peers were choosing Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. I've got my little one his first ST for next year so looking forward to that. Black and white is in my blood.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I can see the frustration and also feel it at times. It feels like we are becoming the nearly boys. For the last few years around Jan/Feb/Mar time I've thought next year will be our year or once a player is fit we will do better. I question it at times but Derby County are my club. I chose to follow them when my peers were choosing Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. I've got my little one his first ST for next year so looking forward to that. Black and white is in my blood.  

Totally agree except on one point. This year we're amongst the "not even close boys"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was saying to someone before the game last night that I seem to be falling out of love with football - not just the Rams, but football in general. I'm pretty sure I'll renew (though the buggers can wait until the last minute of the renewal period to get my money), but it's getting harder every year.

I bought my first season ticket in 82 when the club was in a truly horrendous mess on and off the field. Once we avoided going out of business you'd think things could only get better, but I'm sure I had a far greater affinity for the club in those bad old days of the 2nd and 3rd divisions than I do know. I know Mel is doing his best for the club by splashing out bigger and bigger transfer fees, but the more we pay, the more remote the players seem to be - and the more mercenary they appear so that in most cases I don't feel any connection to them at all (I think the 'cars' thread has actually highlighted that). I watch players walking off the pitch having lost a game and in too many cases, it seems that it doesn't matter to them - well it's hard to give a monkey's about them if they feel that way....

I'm feeling a need to get back to basics: Golden Gordon

Perhaps I do need to bite the bullet and start watching non-league rather than keep on wandering along to Pride Park expecting to trudge away disappointed again....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've heard a lot of talk about the fun being gone from match day.

its always 'this time next year'

next season we'll have Thorne back! (Should have been back this year tbh)

next season we'll have Martin back! (Probably get injured playing for Fulham last game)

next season Mac will bring in his own players! (Then we'll be asked to give em time to bed in)

Mac will get the sack and we'll start all over again.

we ought to name the ground "The Groundhog Stadium"

fed up, but will be back for more next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next season the club should say that anybody who has a season ticket from the start of the season in the year we get promoted, get a season ticket free for life the whole time we are in the Premier League.

Imagine the atmosphere generated by the supporters if that happened.

The club and supporters want promotion that much, do something proper about it and don't just keep swapping and changing managers every few months and hoping for the best.

Realistically, getting to the Premier League would pay for itself anyway and staying there would too.

Stop giving away poxy free coach travel, coffee and flags and do something that is worth while. If Morris means business then start to speculate rather than the few niceties that are currently happening now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're not enjoying it, you probably do need a break. I'm in this for better or worse at this stage, not renewed yet but I'm sure I will when I get round to it.

That said, I've only had a season ticket since 08/09. Next year would be my 9th season. Not long in comparison to those of you who've been going for 20 or whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

At the moment I wish I hadn't renewed. I did do it a while ago. 

Of course I may change my mind, and I hope I do. I travelled from the Isle of Wight watching Derby for about 20 years so it would be sad to live here now, and give up my ST after 6 years of being able to have one. I hope the love comes back. 

That said, life is short, and dreading the activities on your one day off in 7 isn't really the way to live it. Whether that makes me a 'half fan' or not is irrelevant to me. 

You'll be back it's in the DNA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.