Suicidal substitutions!!

EnigmaRam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

What the hell was he thinking throwing on 3 of our worst ball retention players when we are 1 nil up knowing they are going to throw the kitchen sink at us.

blimey what an amateur. Rubbish decissions and I'm not happy. Why oh why didn't someone come on that could keep the ball or tackle. Do we just make substitutions for the sake of it or do we actually apply any logic to what's going on on the pitch!!

eel so sorry for the likes of Ince, butters, Johnson, Vydra and nugent who ran their socks off to be let down.

why do we never leave anyone up the pitch for an outlet

godsmacked and I'm not normally negative like this

It was like going back to the worst moments of Darren Wassell's tenure 

7 hours ago, valleyram said:

From the great messiah ? Surely not ?

Bryson shouldn't be the pitch as long with Razza. That's 2 subs I was on about. 

31 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bryson shouldn't be the pitch as long with Razza. That's 2 subs I was on about. 

The idea of Bryson was probably to push that back and press them. 

The problem was that he was put on too late to get in the game. We were firmly under the cosh. He had no chance.

Fans looking for a scapegoat- blaming Camara blame Bent. How about the players on the pitch who failed to put the game beyond doubt against a poor Preston side. How about the defence  hoofing up to Preston.

this team isn't good enough for top 6 but next season maybe with Martin back and a couple of quality signings we will be. 

Just now, philmycock said:

Martin scores more, creates more assists and is a better all-round player, don't you think? So all good for next season!

Don't disagree. I think both are top strikers. Martin offers more all round however both are excellent finishers. Unfortunately we don't have Martin this season- our top scorer for several seasons. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did the subs cause Carson to rush out of goal like a loon and not get the ball?

Yes, they put him in that position by not keeping the ball. By Mac putting 2 players on that cannot keep the ball and by bent being in the 18 yard box instead of up the pitch holding it up, putting pressure on their defence to stop the ball coming back allowing our defence to clear the lines. 

Anything else you need explaining?

15 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Yes, they put him in that position by not keeping the ball. By Mac putting 2 players on that cannot keep the ball and by bent being in the 18 yard box instead of up the pitch holding it up, putting pressure on their defence to stop the ball coming back allowing our defence to clear the lines. 

Anything else you need explaining?

Yeah, why he didn't stay on his line? Your reasoning is faulty - don't worry though.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, why he didn't stay on his line? Your reasoning is faulty - don't worry though.

You'd have to ask him but I'd take a guess at no defender was going to get to the ball before he could get a shot off? So he rushed out to narrow the angle? 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

You'd have to ask him but I'd take a guess at no defender was going to get to the ball before he could get a shot off? So he rushed out to narrow the angle? 

Oh but he didn't get there. I'm a big Carson fan but he fooked that up, others did too, but that's what cost us.

Archived