For god's sake

JarodyDCFC

2 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

We have failed with Martin and Forsyth in similar fashion multiple years. And relying on Thorne is like relying on your accumulator to pay the mortgage. 

We have only failed if you think that not achieving promotion is failing. We haven't failed in similar fashion. We got to Wembley three seasons ago (which was an achievement after a few years of being mediocre) then 2 seasons ago we fell away (at exactly the same time Martin was injured). Last season we achieved playoffs. The point is those three players improve the team but I don't think we can rely on Thorne. 

This season we have been lower half or mid table most of the season so the team is obviously weaker. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Davide said:

We have only failed if you think that not achieving promotion is failing. We haven't failed in similar fashion. We got to Wembley three seasons ago (which was an achievement after a few years of being mediocre) then 2 seasons ago we fell away (at exactly the same time Martin was injured). Last season we achieved playoffs. The point is those three players improve the team but I don't think we can rely on Thorne. 

This season we have been lower half or mid table most of the season so the team is obviously weaker. 

Exactly, people slate Martin, but look where we are without him. 

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

So we have a poor team and poor manager, yet we are supposed to be in the play-offs?

Surely if we are that poor we don't want to be anywhere near the play-offs and risk fluking promotion, only for a repeat of 2007-08?

Don't think the team is that poor, however there has been a combination in my opinion of bad recruitment, bad luck with injuries and players not playing well consistently. This has meant we haven't really had a settled side. Plus we aren't strong enough mentally to manage matches in late stages. 

Some positives - defence largely has been solid this season, (I think midfield have struggled as a unit).

Bent and Ince have scored goals when no one else has. 

Max Lowe breaking into the team. 

We wont be relegated. 

If the players took the same attitude as you lot saying Preston/Barnsley/Blackburn/Villa/Burton/everyone we play are poor they'd be slated.

Perhaps we ought to take off our arrogant colours and start taking teams in this league seriously, both fans and players. We have no divine right to win any game and anyone can beat anyone on their day in this league.

14 hours ago, Andicis said:

Carson is ******* shocking at catching. Multiple times in recent games has he dropped crosses, and now his inability to catch a ball cost us tonight.

I posted after the game last night about the decision to sit back for 1-0, pointing out that it takes hard work from everyone especially that last 5 minutes. Just a few players not doing that can be our undoing, watching the goal again this morning shows a weak challenge on the flick on and at that point Christie should have broke himself to get to the goal line. He just jogs back!! And picks the ball out the net. Thought Baird was a tad unlucky as it looks as though he thought the ball was gonna stay with his stride and easily controlled, but bounces away. 

But I digress as Carson makes about 2-3 world class saves a match.  The goal wasn't all down to him.

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

If the players took the same attitude as you lot saying Preston/Barnsley/Blackburn/Villa/Burton/everyone we play are poor they'd be slated.

Perhaps we ought to take off our arrogant colours and start taking teams in this league seriously, both fans and players. We have no divine right to win any game and anyone can beat anyone on their day in this league.

This is very true. It's also very hard to gauge if you saw the opposition play and knew nothing about the league, what sort of position they would be in. I don't think Preston looked great and am surprised with how high in the league they are. Conversely, Bristol City looked incredible in that first half the other week - definitely a top of division performance but they're fighting relegation. 

It goes to show if players can play consistently and to their maximum level and beyond and as a team, they can beat anyone- e.g.  Leicester last season. If everyone is at 90/95per cent or less dedication , fitness and performance, then they will struggle. 

1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I posted after the game last night about the decision to sit back for 1-0, pointing out that it takes hard work from everyone especially that last 5 minutes. Just a few players not doing that can be our undoing, watching the goal again this morning shows a weak challenge on the flick on and at that point Christie should have broke himself to get to the goal line. He just jogs back!! And picks the ball out the net. Thought Baird was a tad unlucky as it looks as though he thought the ball was gonna stay with his stride and easily controlled, but bounces away. 

But I digress as Carson makes about 2-3 world class saves a match.  The goal wasn't all down to him.

I wouldn't agree with him making 2-3 world class saves a match tbh, he does occasionally pull of exceptional saves though. The goal certainly wasn't all down to him, but I'd argue a large portion of it was, it was simple for him to deal with the ball.

16 hours ago, reveldevil said:

On the bright side, there are some cracking deals on holidays in May, as long as you're willing to fly from Yorkshire airports.

Funny you should say that was trying to book one yesterday and couldn't find one from East Mids .

Archived