The Zlatan/Mings GBH-fest

Van der MoodHoover

33 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'd like to think Rooney would face some form of punishment for lying out of his arse about seeing the incident, saying he saw the whole thing, despite the fact replays show he's facing in the opposite direction...

Talks out his arse, probably sees out of there too...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Got to question the logic of going for Zlatan, the guy is massive and would probably kick the head off about 99% of the players in the Premier League.

He's got nothing to lose it's not like it's going to spoil his good looks if he gets a good slap.

Sith Happens

I have watched this back on this video, and I cannot see any justification for mings receiving a harsher punishment.

First off Zlatan throws mings to the floor, then in the 'stamp' incident you see what looks like an intentional attempt by Zlatan to stamp on mings. Mings gets to his feet and is impeded by rooney causing him to change direction which results in his foot connecting with Zlatan.

Then the elbow is far more dangerous and likely to cause injury.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Got to question the logic of going for Zlatan, the guy is massive and would probably kick the head off about 99% of the players in the Premier League.

I thought that until I saw how easily Surman pushed him over.

I concur Paul. The ref bottled it big time, he shouldn't be trusted to officiate at Old Trafford in future if he can't be impartial.

Ibrahimovitch should have had a yellow earlier for throwing Mings to the ground, but he should have got a straight red for the elbow and the same retrospective punishment as Mings.

He should also have told Rooney to **** off and keep his beak out of it. 

In my opinion. ;)

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The FA are a complete and utter embarrasment.

Deliberately doing something that seriously risked fracturing someone's skull is only a 3 match ban?

Scared of upsetting Mourinho.

But stamping on someone's head with football boots on only gets a 5 game ban...???

the FA have ruled that Mings deliberately stamped on Zlatans head....if this is their view then he should have been banned for the rest of the season at an absolute minimum. 

44 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But stamping on someone's head with football boots on only gets a 5 game ban...???

the FA have ruled that Mings deliberately stamped on Zlatans head....if this is their view then he should have been banned for the rest of the season at an absolute minimum. 

Totally agree as long as its the same for a deliberate elbow.

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

A deliberate stamp could cause serious damage yes.

The sort of 'stamp' that Mings did would not cause serious damage in my opinion and God knows how the FA have ruled that it was deliberate.

The incident happened so quickly and with Rooney bumping into him I just don't see how they arrived at their conclusion.

On the other hand, Ibrahimovics attack was pre-meditated. He's lucky he's not up on an assault charge.

3 match ban is an insult when you compare it to some of the things that players get punished for these days.

Also if the stamp was deliberate why has Joey Barton not been given an equal ban for what he did against Lincoln?

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

You are correct. As its been deemed to be intentional then a lengthy ban is correct.

How its been deemed intentional is a different discussion. 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Also if the stamp was deliberate why has Joey Barton not been given an equal ban for what he did against Lincoln?

Because a world audience won't pay millions of pounds to tune in and watch Matt Rhead. The Premier League must protect it's prize assets at all costs. I can't wait for the day their temple of avarice sinks into the sea.

Mings has looked at Zlatan twice, pre stamp.

There is no way it's not intentional. I'm not going to say if you played the game you'd know straight away but you'd know straight away, any defending of him by the club is pure Hollywood.

Not condoning what Zlatan did at all, it was out of order BUT, I've got to say I sympathise with him really.

If someone does to you what Mings did to him and it's not punished, then the "man" inside you would make most of us look for some kind of payback. The elbow is cowardly, I'd have preferred to have seen him wipe him out in a fair challenge.

Getting a bit tired of Sky and their pundits policing the game though. As soon as there is any incident that's missed it gets shoved so far down everyones throat through numerous angles and replays, leaving no choice but to ban whichever player for whatever reason.

Their role in football has gone way too far.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

There is no way it's not intentional. I'm not going to say if you played the game you'd know straight away but you'd know straight away, any defending of him by the club is pure Hollywood.

Not condoning what Zlatan did at all, it was out of order BUT, I've got to say I sympathise with him really.

If someone does to you what Mings did to him and it's not punished, then the "man" inside you would make most of us look for some kind of payback. The elbow is cowardly, I'd have preferred to have seen him wipe him out in a fair challenge.

Getting a bit tired of Sky and their pundits policing the game though. As soon as there is any incident that's missed it gets shoved so far down everyones throat through numerous angles and replays, leaving no choice but to ban whichever player for whatever reason.

I still can't quite see how they found Ming's stamp intentional, yet years ago when shearer booted Lennon in the face they determined it accidental. I know which looks the more intentional to me.

Although shearer was england captain and golden boy, surely that wasn't factored into the decision making process.

Zlatan clearly attempts a stamp in the build up too.

Of course he looked at him pre stamp. He knew he was there, that's why he tried to jump over him instead of falling over him. He's not looking at him when he jumps or when his foot lands. We are talking about literally two/three seconds of action. Do you honestly think that anyone in that situation has time to think "I'd quite like to stamp on this players head, but I don't want it to look deliberate so I'll look away and pretend I'm interested in defending the cross"?

I will say, having played the game, I would take a boot on the head any day over an elbow in the face. There's no force in the stamp either. If Mings is deliberately slamming down on Zlatan's head how the hell has he not managed to draw blood? He didn't even dislodge the daft topknot.

I'm quite happy for Mings to be punished because not looking where you plant your foot is the same kind of dangerous play as swinging your elbows around without considering other players. I just think there's absolutely no way anyone can prove it was intentional and Mings' ban should've been three games, the same as Zlatan.

You sympathise with Zlatan?

Just to re-wind, he had previously thrown Mings to the floor (unpunished) and then tried to stamp on him (unpunished).

If Mings stamp was deliberate, or had been done with any real force, it would have caused a lot more damage in my opinion. 

I'd have to look at it again and will G-Star, my first reaction (going on memory and not re-watching it back) was that Mings challenge/tackle was already a little bit tasty.

I do sympathise with someone who gets stamped on and then goes looking to give a bit back, yes.

I played against a team from Bulgaria once and the lad elbowed me in the head splitting my eye, tried to be all apologetic about it but he'd done it on purpose. I was livid.

I spent the next 15 minutes no more than a yard away from him, waiting for my chance. I decided every time he got he ball I'd smash him and the ball as hard as I could, Didn't feel the need to cheat and wanted to show him I wasn't hiding. After two or three challenges he didn't go near the ball again.

I think that would have been the right way for Zlatan to act, sort him out but do it fairly.

I did say I think he acted in a cowardly fashion as well but stamping, spitting at someone and elbowing would make my blood boil to the point of going for payback.

18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Totally agree as long as its the same for a deliberate elbow.

Absolutely. Violent conduct should be punished equitably without trying to get into pseudo judgements about degree of intent or how much potential for harm there was.

Wasn't the ref who bottled it but the suits in the FA.

Archived