come on boys playoffs are still possible

kyle mccabe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sssssshhhhhhh!! We don't mention the word playoffs round here!! We've only just got back to winning ways, if any of the players get wind of this they'll bottle it faster than bottley mcbottleson, the fastest bottler at the bottlefield bottle factory. 

1 hour ago, Strange yearnings said:

Yes agree.  But hold on, the English teacher in me is struggling to get out. I'm desperately trying not to, after all it's a thread not an exam but.... Too late

"play off" = 2 words. "They're" good enough. Sorry . :pinch:

If the English teacher is inside you and struggling to get out. Push him off and report the dirty sod 

5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

If the English teacher is inside you and struggling to get out. Push him off and report the dirty sod 

Terrible sentance structure and missing a full stop.

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

If Derby County make the play offs this season then I'll gladly shave a McClaren tuft on to my head and attend the home leg wearing nothing but a badly fitting tutu and a scuba tank.

And one of those expensive umbrellas 

I think that in terms of a late push for the play offs we would have been happy with 4 points from Preston and Brighton which is still possible. However Brighton will probably stuff is which may be for the best as I won't get my hopes up again just to be disappointed

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Delusional. Any realistic chance of the play offs went when we drew with Bristol

Not really. About 75 points needed for play-offs. We had 47 when we played Bristol City with 14 games left.

If we'd shown anything like the sort of form we'd had since McClaren had taken over, we'd have been up there still if we'd won the games we "should" have won... Burton, Cardiff, Preston.

We need a big turn around starting Friday, which I can't see, but it is possible. Win the rest of our home games, beat Rotherham away, Brentford away and Forest away and we could sneak 6th. Beat Wednesday away and we could get 5th.

All sound feasible. I still don't think it will happen, but it's not over yet.

Archived