Players Cars

Poynton ram

Worked at john stones house a while back and he had an array of cars,a bling white Range rover an audi s line estate with numerous upgrades, a bmw coupe that had been upgraded and modified i couldn't even tell you what model it was. Every other day their seemed to be some one working on his cars iether doing a body wrap or some modification. Considering his age not sure how insurance is possible,  but got to say he and his mrs seemed level headed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Worked at john stones house a while back and he had an array of cars,a bling white Range rover an audi s line estate with numerous upgrades, a bmw coupe that had been upgraded and modified i couldn't even tell you what model it was. Every other day their seemed to be some one working on his cars iether doing a body wrap or some modification. Considering his age not sure how insurance is possible,  but got to say he and his mrs seemed level headed.

he'll probably be a limited company and they'll be company cars!

2 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Did you not ask if he fancied a loan spell in Championship? 

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Considering his wages I doubt insurance is a word he cares about :)

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If I was a football player with oodles of money, I'd go for a "sleeper" car - looks normal, you can pop down the shops without anyone noticing, but with some pretty serious performance available for use "in appropriate circumstances"

You my friend are a fool . :thumbsup:

On 7 March 2017 at 21:11, SKRam said:

Considering his wages I doubt insurance is a word he cares about :)

I remember when Andy Murray bought a Ferrari and he was about 21 .. Insurance was about the value of the car. In practice what I think what they do is get 3rd party only .. If they bend their own they can afford to fix  it so fully comp isn't really an issue and the insurance becomes rational

12 hours ago, jono said:

I remember when Andy Murray bought a Ferrari and he was about 21 .. Insurance was about the value of the car. In practice what I think what they do is get 3rd party only .. If they bend their own they can afford to fix  it so fully comp isn't really an issue and the insurance becomes rational

I remember reading about Murray feeling such a plonker in his Ferrari he sacked it for an 'ordinary' car and was happy for his mate to run him about in a Focus I think! He's a top man for me, much maligned and misunderstood. He knows how to self deprecate:)

On 06/03/2017 at 20:44, RamNut said:

They all had Saabs in the late 70s.

They were supposed to get them instead of a salary rise but Colin Murphy gave them both.

Part of our brilliant and innovative shirt sponsorship deal that was banned by the FA/Football League. Which cost us massively in terms of revenues and is of course farcical in today's climate. I remember Steve Powell still driving his donkey's years later, but Saabs built then will go on forever.

On 07/03/2017 at 21:00, SKRam said:

Caliber even :D

Calibre even :D

If I were a player I'd get a top of the range Tesla Model S with "Ludicous Mode", the fastest four-door in the world and very good for the environment. What's not to like?

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Part of our brilliant and innovative shirt sponsorship deal that was banned by the FA/Football League. Which cost us massively in terms of revenues and is of course farcical in today's climate. I remember Steve Powell still driving his donkey's years later, but Saabs built then will go on forever.

Calibre even :D

If I were a player I'd get a top of the range Tesla Model S with "Ludicous Mode", the fastest four-door in the world and very good for the environment. What's not to like?

Passed a low loader a few days ago with a couple of these on board. First time I've seen them in the flesh,well metal. Impressive machine. It's a pity Mel doesn't sort a deal out for them. More eco than most machines and rather rapid,as you say.

My electric/ gas are with Ecotricity, they sponsor Forest Green Rovers and are continually developing/ innovating electric machines, so I'm quite a fan and look out for their results. 

Archived