Chris Bairds 12 month option.

Coneheadjohn

Baird's 12 month option  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Got all the brain that Cyrus hasn't. Intelligent defender.

If you stuck Cyrus' athleticism and Baird's brain together you'd have a bloody good defender at this level.

Definitely worth another 12 months. Don't lose intelligence (unless you take a whack to the noggin.)

Some would argue that the one took at Preston last year may have had that effect at the time...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only he was in his 20's. Depending on wages I'd offer him the extension but can also see Bent and him being released to free up wages. Just shows you don't need to be a marauding full bak to be effective. As a defender your job is primarily to defend and once you've done that give the ball to someone who can play abit. Having said that he has put some great balls into the box. Nothing fancy just put the ball in for the attacking players to attack. Cyrus' biggest problem he always seems to want to beat his man, on occasions twice, if given to much time and space he is his own worse enemy. Hopefully Rowetts more direct approach may alter his mentality. 

He's not noticeably slowing down, he's the most intelligent player on the pitch almost every time he plays and compliments our most effective winger.

I'd still bring another, younger RB in so we're not overly reliant on him, but I think another 12 months of Baird is an astute move.

Even if he's on big wages, he's offering experience on and off the field as well as covering several positions.

Compared to watching Christie, he's been a breath of fresh air the second half of this season. Calm and composed. Would be a ridiculous decision if he's not given a extension. I'm sure he will be though and very much deserved.

Class act.

32 minutes ago, cosmic said:

He's only playing well because he knows his contract is up. :ph34r:

One of the few who put in a proper shift during our bad run.A bit like Jake,commendably fought his way through criticism to win the respect of fans.I think we need this kind of character (not forgetting ability) next year.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 22:22, kingsy1884 said:

I would rather have him as back up than Pearce. He is a CB only really. I think his legs have gone so he can't play at rb or cdm in my opinion. He is no john eustace.

I would question the wage he is on though we may need some flexibility to bring is say Wisdom or a new defender. 

Anya is good enough cover for rb but we would need a new cb and cdm.

Keep baird as cover,2new full backs required+ 2 new centre halfs,[just put my tin helmet on]

Archived