The NuDra effect

RamLad1884

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So today's win is dedicated to bent ringing in sick.

:thumbsup:

Today I thought Nugent did more work than Bent in his entire time at Derby......but Bent scores goals, is really as bad and lazy as I think, I wonder if Everton & Spurs thought that of Liniker and Liverpool of Rush. Sorry to go of topic but Bent confuses me, he frustrates the hell out of me, but scores loads of goals :unsure: is he good or not!?!

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Today I thought Nugent did more work than Bent in his entire time at Derby......but Bent scores goals, is really as bad and lazy as I think, I wonder if Everton & Spurs thought that of Liniker and Liverpool of Rush. Sorry to go of topic but Bent confuses me, he frustrates the hell out of me, but scores loads of goals :unsure: is he good or not!?!

I doubt Liverpool thought that of Rush he worked his socks off closing down people.Bent is similar to Lineker,Fowler,Wright and going back a few years Alan Clarke in that outside of the last third they are fairly inactive but come alive once the ball is in that area.They can go all game with you not noticing them and then they pop up and get a goal that gets you a result teams will always like having these players around.

If you played Bent next to Nugent then you would not really notice him not being in the game due to Nugent doing the work ,not that Bent is not working if you can take your eyes off the ball and just watch his movement off defenders it is exceptional.I used to love watching Fowler doing it.

13 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I doubt Liverpool thought that of Rush he worked his socks off closing down people.Bent is similar to Lineker,Fowler,Wright and going back a few years Alan Clarke in that outside of the last third they are fairly inactive but come alive once the ball is in that area.They can go all game with you not noticing them and then they pop up and get a goal that gets you a result teams will always like having these players around.

If you played Bent next to Nugent then you would not really notice him not being in the game due to Nugent doing the work ,not that Bent is not working if you can take your eyes off the ball and just watch his movement off defenders it is exceptional.I used to love watching Fowler doing it.

Great reply, I guess sometimes I/we can get side tracked by work rate rather than execution. I guess those who can do little but deliver a lot are in the minority so we gloss over them. 

I liked Nugent very much today but whilst vydra improved as the match went on he still struggled to get a grip on the ball and his direct free kick was way off...

However if he played in the hole,he might improve again and given more match time he will sharpen up...

It's pretty vital to work out whether he can do this role in anticipation of Martin's return....If it works it could be lethal and if not then he will be moved on I would imagine.....hopefully it works!

PistoldPete2

I said when we signed nugent I would like to see him and vydra together. It's been a while, but it's no surprise that they work together well... Vydra an assist for nugent today long may it continue. 

11 hours ago, Lincolnshire Ram said:

If you listened to Nugent interview after the game it sounded like Mac was planning to play Bent up front. So clearly still rated him over Nugent.

This performance has given Mac food for thought.

Can we just play Vydra behind him and Ince out wide and see what happens 

Think he said Russell was the player to come in for bent, I think it was supposed to be ince and vydra wide, with Nugent behind bent 

This thread makes it sound like they started as a pair up top, they didn't though.

Nugent had a great game and Vydra started well but faded, he kept going though and got the assist for the winner. 

Definite improvement but still nothing to get carried away with. Still think Vydra would be better as an out and out striker up with Nugent.