Why the Mac versus Pearson Argument is Daft as Fook

Comrade 86

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, 86 points said:

Apologies good sir, but there was a clue in the title for those fed up with the entire debate. Ironically, I'm one of them, so I should probably have simply kept my gob shut.

8 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Nah mate, keep posting.. Jeez I hope we win today..

What Angry said, 86.

I wish I could say that I am surprised that the debate has started up again but, in truth, it is precisely what I feared would happen the moment results inevitably turned against us.

In case anyone has not been watching in any one of our last 14 (of 15) seasons in the Championship, no team (possibly with one exception which I am too lazy to look up) has gone through the Championship without a slump in form of some sort.

If we (Derby fans) are really so stupid as to argue for yet another managerial change - and, yet again, Mel is silly enough to listen to the panic-stricken and the interminably angry and whiny among us - this club will never turn our history around

Even the most cursory review of the teams which have successfully escaped the Championship since we were last relegated, only the tiniest handful have not built over a summer or two with the same manager (without looking them up, I can only think of Watford a couple of years ago), else they've benefited from the relegation bonus.

Archived