Cycling cover up..

Chester40

Very disappointing on the one hand..all looks very suspicious doesn't it...! Shaggy appears to be their chief defendant (it wasn't me..!).

However, is it just me or is it a bit weird that eg you can have every drug under the sun whilst undergoing cancer treatment, you can have surgery/pins implanted to correct injury or underlying skeletal concerns or to correct breathing/posture etc..but if you use an inhaler  or take a certain decongestant or something for an allergy...that's a bit dodgy!!

I know they can also be masking agents...but having surgery to repair or correct a weal knee or to straighten your nose etc...is that 'fair'..isn't that improving performance? What about altitude training. .or different vitamins..?. So many anomalies it's a minefield!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Both wiggins and Laura trott have asthma. That's why they have taken decongestants. The doctor had his laptop stolen. Years later allegations have been made... Now there expected to prove their innocence. Have you got records of medication you took five years ago? I dont.

its all a lot of fuss bout nothing. 

47 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Both wiggins and Laura trott have asthma. That's why they have taken decongestants. The doctor had his laptop stolen. Years later allegations have been made... Now there expected to prove their innocence. Have you got records of medication you took five years ago? I dont.

its all a lot of fuss bout nothing. 

The doctors will have if they were prescribed.

PistoldPete2
On 2 March 2017 at 22:14, Boycie said:

The doctors will have if they were prescribed.

The doctor had his laptop stolen. 

Sith Happens
42 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

The doctor had his laptop stolen. 

I am not sure i buy that. Do you think if your gp's computer gets stolen your medical records including prescribed drugs are lost?

Of course they arent.

You just hope he is clean.. Cycling has been a beacon of success for us Brits and it would b devastating if it was all a shame.

I felt really sorry for that guy in the Winter Olympics who has his medal taken away as he took Vics... I've tried it, it did not enhance anything.. 

14 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

You just hope he is clean.. Cycling has been a beacon of success for us Brits and it would b devastating if it was all a shame.

I felt really sorry for that guy in the Winter Olympics who has his medal taken away as he took Vics... I've tried it, it did not enhance anything.. 

Maybe he took Vic's steroids?

PistoldPete2
On 4 March 2017 at 09:18, Paul71 said:

I am not sure i buy that. Do you think if your gp's computer gets stolen your medical records including prescribed drugs are lost?

Of course they arent.

My doctor works for the nhs. I assume the nhs has other records. Not sure what back up there is for a private doctor. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's pro-cycling.

Doping is in the sport's soul. It's like skullduggary in wrestling, transfer bungs in football (now far more professionally handled by shady agents), ball tampering in the cricket and so on. It wouldn't be the same without the riders off their collective boosoms on insane concoctions of medico-narco chemicals.

The current thing seems to strike me more as pushing every grey area to it's limits and hoping to get away with it rather than a full Lance or Festina programme of systematic doping.

I did find this podcast quite interesting listening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04x2lzh

On 24/03/2017 at 17:13, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's pro-cycling.

Doping is in the sport's soul. It's like skullduggary in wrestling, transfer bungs in football (now far more professionally handled by shady agents), ball tampering in the cricket and so on. It wouldn't be the same without the riders off their collective boosoms on insane concoctions of medico-narco chemicals.

The current thing seems to strike me more as pushing every grey area to it's limits and hoping to get away with it rather than a full Lance or Festina programme of systematic doping.

I did find this podcast quite interesting listening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04x2lzh

Bespoke is a good podcast. 

To be honest, I only really follow cycling around the time of the Giro and Tour Dr France but love all the stories and team strategy. 

I can recommend Seven deadly Sins - the pursuit of Lance Armstrong by David Walsh, and Tyler Hamilton's autobiography. 

Both really good insights into the drug culture at the height of Armstrongs career, and the politics and bullying by Team Armstrong. 

59 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Bespoke is a good podcast. 

To be honest, I only really follow cycling around the time of the Giro and Tour Dr France but love all the stories and team strategy. 

I can recommend Seven deadly Sins - the pursuit of Lance Armstrong by David Walsh, and Tyler Hamilton's autobiography. 

Both really good insights into the drug culture at the height of Armstrongs career, and the politics and bullying by Team Armstrong. 

Cool, I'll give it a go.

I'm the same with the giro and le tour although if i remember when they're on the spring classics (one day races) are quite good. I also like cycling just for fun, although i went out on the bike for the first time in ages today....num bum and aching legs....i downloaded strava and recorded it - apparently i'm virtually last by every measure, even in the 200Lb+ section!

Archived