rynny

1 minute ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Carson
Baird Pearce Shackell Lowe
         Johnson Hughes
Ince         Nugent         Anya
                 Vydra

Mitchell, Christie, Butterfield, De Sart, Russell, Bennett, Bent

Play offs are pretty much out of reach. Too many points to be looking over our shoulders.

Let's give Vydra a go for a few games playing with Nugent. If he comes good and could build a partnership with Martin next season we would save ourselves a lot of money.

fair enough,esp if its put like that......worth a punt

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we can gain about 80-85% possession, and restrict them to just 1 or 2 shots whole game, and if Carson's on World Class form, maybe we can keep it to just a 0-1 defeat, re-group and then go again. As Ramage remarks, it's one of them...:mellow:

Due to the current system not working Id like to see us use more of a diamond shape in midfield with wingbacks so we can get more players in the opposition box. Its a similar system that was used when SM was assistant to Jim Smith in the promotion season except I have johnson in front of the back two, whereas Igor was part of the back three.

Carson

Baird                  Pearce

Anya                      Johnson                      Lowe

Bryson                      Hughes

Ince

Vydra             Nugent

Subs - mitchell, butterfield, elsnik, christie, bent, camara, bennet, ollson

1 hour ago, hiltonram said:

Due to the current system not working Id like to see us use more of a diamond shape in midfield with wingbacks so we can get more players in the opposition box. Its a similar system that was used when SM was assistant to Jim Smith in the promotion season except I have johnson in front of the back two, whereas Igor was part of the back three.

Carson

Baird                  Pearce

Anya                      Johnson                      Lowe

Bryson                      Hughes

Ince

Vydra             Nugent

Subs - mitchell, butterfield, elsnik, christie, bent, camara, bennet, ollson

I've often wondered if a 352 type of set up might be worth a try 

Think pearce baird and Johnson would seriously lack pace as the 3 tho.

Quite like that Hilton

Just to throw in my two-penneth worth in support of your formation  :

• Now that the play-offs are a bit of a distant target, I wonder if Mac can try to lift some of the pressure off the lads, play with a bit of freedom, try new things etc ? Whats the worst that can happen ? Lets try and turn the current situation into a positive - we have absolutely nothing to lose, we will not go down, all the pressure is on clubs above us. 
  • I like the switch to Anya at right back. Is it just me or does Ince never seem to play well when Christie is playing wth him ? 
  • Likewise, Hughes and Butterfield seem to me to be an incompatible pairing in midfield. Both really good technical players. But too similar, we only need one of them.
  • Personally I cannot see the logic in continuing to play de Sart as a loanee now that our main focus should be on our own players and next season. Am I right in thinking that we have never won a league game that he has started ? If that is the case, it reflects very poorly on the decision to bring him in over our own players (who , at the time, were on a really good run of form) . Not that I think he has no qualities, just what is the logic of playing a failing loanee at this stage when we have our own highly paid and supposedly proven championship players at our disposal ? Johnson had started to do a great job in that role and even Baird was doing it in last year's European Championships, the very peak of quality on the continent. Its just very difficult to understand why this guy was brought in, disrupting the on-going success of the time. Bizarre. 
  • Good to see Lowe in the team plus  Elsnick and Bennett on the bench. Frankly, if the up and coming younger players cannot get an opportunity between now and the end of the season, they never will do in a Derby County shirt. And neither will the ranks of hopefuls behind them graduating every year with never a sniff of a chance in the first team.
  • The 4:3:3 system can only work when you have the right kind of striker who is capable of showing for the ball, keeping it , and then playing it to supporting players. Or the right kind of midfielders who can profit from such a player. Bent will never be that hold up man. And this is why Bryson has been on the wane . This is not a criticism of Darren (or Bryson) , its just not his game. During our great run earlier in the season, it seemed that Darren had added something extra to his game and was at least trying to do some of the hold up work. Over the last run of games, however, that effort seems to have disappeared. So why try to keep to that formation when it is destined to fail without the right kind of player ?  Bent will not be a Rams player after 30 June 2017. Answer : change the system. We can always go back to it when we get the right hold up player in place again.
  • So far the record Rams signing has been totally anonymous. Vydra had plenty of chances at the start of the season but frankly missed some embarrassing chances and lost the confidence of those around him. But you still have to believe that, in some way, he can do a job. Maybe now is the time to give him another good run in the team, in a formation that works for him, and then we can judge him on that at the end of the season. 

Onwards and upwards . We are just amateurs. Steve and the gang will be judged on their own response to our current situation over the next couple of months.

Derby Telegraph predicting a change of formation etc.

I wonder if Vydra will wake up Saturday morning and think hey I'm a real lucky guy in this world, this world has been very good to me, I really do need to put in a shift and score some goals for Derby, a wonderful club that paid a lot of money for me, and are paying me a lot of money everyday and today is the day, that my time at Derby takes off.

I wonder if Steve McClaren wakes up, sticks some Supertramp on, in his very expensive car on his route to Pride Park, and gives out some real love to the club, and in return everyone at the club returns the love and every Derby County fan around the world is chuffed to bits on Saturday evening that the club they love have given Barnsley a right proper doing.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a Supertramp, and on World Book Day where quite a lot of kids have dressed up at school as Harry Potter, Batman, Spiderman etc, whether any of them dressed up as a Supertramp, it's freezing up here and it's probably freezing where you live, and there will be thousands of homeless people doing there best just to survive through the night, and hundreds of other nights so yeah I think Supertramps exist, let's hope Derby County wake up, as soon as possible, and give a little love to the fans and let's hope they provide us all with the warmth we all crave and change for the better.

Up The Rams.........& The Supertramps!

C'mon Derby County Give A Little Bit...........

Just a quick aside, I don't know anyone doing involved personally in this but came across my Twitter and thought it was worthy of a share:

http://www.weststandbogs.co.uk/wsb-walks-derby/

Up to a group of 50 Barnsley fans are walking from Oakwell to Derby over two days to raise money for CALM (campaign about living miserably) after a mate committed suicide. Thought it was worth a share in case anybody would like to bung a few quid their way (especially considering it'll pretty much rain the whole way for them).

7 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Just a quick aside, I don't know anyone doing involved personally in this but came across my Twitter and thought it was worthy of a share:

http://www.weststandbogs.co.uk/wsb-walks-derby/

Up to a group of 50 Barnsley fans are walking from Oakwell to Derby over two days to raise money for CALM (campaign about living miserably) after a mate committed suicide. Thought it was worth a share in case anybody would like to bung a few quid their way (especially considering it'll pretty much rain the whole way for them).

Seen this on the Barnsley twitter page because they'd also posted a piece on Mac which got my attention. 

Wonderful thing of those supporters to do, I see they're backed by their club too, so it would be nice if our club welcomed them once at PP somehow. 

Just now, Warren Hobhead said:

Seen this on the Barnsley twitter page because they'd also posted a piece on Mac which got my attention. 

Wonderful thing of those supporters to do, I see they're backed by their club too, so it would be nice if our club welcomed them once at PP somehow. 

Given our generally philanthropic nature as a club  (remember us waiving our share of match receipts v hartlepool last season in the cup), I would be very confident that if the club were made aware, then an appropriate gesture would be made.

@David - do you own the lines of communication between the forum and club?

If it came to it, I'd even put me hand in my unemployed pocket to contribute. 

Archived