Most of these players can only perform without pressure

Mostyn6

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I always harp on about the feel good factor. I'm even more convinced now that our lot cannot perform without it! 

When McClaren returned, he did so with an element of excitement from some fans who were just happy to see Pearson and his brand of football removed. 

That excitement was replaced with entitlement and expectation as soon as we hit the play-off places and that's now derailed our progress. 

Sadly, as long as we have groaners and moaners, we will have disappointing results and performances. 

`The players must be affected by this- theres a guy behind me at the last match who was booing De Sart, screaming go back to Middlesbrough, shouting for Bent to go off, saying Keogh is useless and berating Hughes for running about slowly (after being kicked hard in the leg). Other people are like this, it will have an effect 100 per cent. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So we offered him more money?

Presume so. All the article said was that he'd turned down their offer. He used the old 'time for a fresh challenge' line.  

I tried to post the link but as I'm a technical retard I was unsuccessful.

It was published on getreading.co.uk 

The worry regarding only performing without pressure is that can become endemic throughout the club. It may well be that a significant number of the squad have worked out that once you have sorted a lucrative contract, it's almost acceptable to have a decent run but not do quite enough to end up in a high pressure play off scenario. It could also be argued that the manager is comfortable with what we have and where we are. At some point does the chairman lose his enthusiasm and focus on other interests? Worst case of all is when it reaches a point where supporters become indifferent to it all. 

6 minutes ago, europia said:

The worry regarding only performing without pressure is that can become endemic throughout the club. It may well be that a significant number of the squad have worked out that once you have sorted a lucrative contract, it's almost acceptable to have a decent run but not do quite enough to end up in a high pressure play off scenario. It could also be argued that the manager is comfortable with what we have and where we are. At some point does the chairman lose his enthusiasm and focus on other interests? Worst case of all is when it reaches a point where supporters become indifferent to it all. 

Clough? :ph34r:

I think Nugent is a good signing, here's not here to sit on his @rse. Nor is Mac, he has something to prove. As for other players well lets hope we can at least ship out on loan (if not sell) those not up for a fight and wanting to get promoted.

We were only losing because Ranieri was within 50 miles of the ground.

now he's gone suddenly Leicester, derby and even Forest are winning.

Archived