Nintendo Switch

JG400

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Tempted. I just dusted off the wii now my daughter's getting to an age where she can enjoy it. Could be some good family fun to upgrade to the switch. 

There may be plenty of dirt cheap WII U's for sale which are also WII compatible as an alternative for the very young 

Just another Nintendo console, games that could easily run on the old gen consoles. Just keep introducing with gimmicks, portability is great but same games.

Will be another flop. Creating demand by not producing enough for the die hard Nintendo nerds on initial launch giving the illusion it's really popular.

38 minutes ago, David said:

Just another Nintendo console, games that could easily run on the old gen consoles. Just keep introducing with gimmicks, portability is great but same games.

Will be another flop. Creating demand by not producing enough for the die hard Nintendo nerds on initial launch giving the illusion it's really popular.

That new Zelda game is being released on the Wii U in fact. 

Sure there are cons - (looks a gimmick that will fail, not enough games etc)

But there are Pros - Nintendo does family console better than any, and exclusive titles are still among the best (Zelda, Mario etc)

Nintendo are no longer in the market with the big boys, they are innovative and always trying things. I've loved Nintendo since I could play games, and like TigerTedd, my kids are hitting an age where they can start to enjoy games, I would trust Nintendo to deliver a good experience that's safe for them. Plus I love all the Nintendo greats.

FWIW, Didn't buy a Wii U due to choosing an Xbox One, and will invest in a Switch only when it's an affordable price.

DO NOT buy 1,2,Switch on launch. It doesn't come packaged like Wii Sports did, and for £50 it will last you a couple of hours max

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2017 at 07:40, JG400 said:

Anyone getting one , I have one on pre-order + Zelda Breath of the Wild

Have you got your Switch? Heard just amazing things about Zelda, which apparently alone is worth getting a Switch. Early thoughts mate?

13 hours ago, r4derby said:

Have you got your Switch? Heard just amazing things about Zelda, which apparently alone is worth getting a Switch. Early thoughts mate?

Nintendo Have done it again, I am completely hooked on the switch don't know why just love it , bare in mind the house contains PS4 , XBOX 360 , and I have just upgraded my PC Grx Card and CPU  but I love the switch ,

and Zelda is fantastic , surprisingly tough , massive world , and great game play mechanics easily 10/10 

Zelda is worth the investment in the switch alone and Mario Karts is just a week away 

If you like Zelda dont think about it , go get a switch 

On 01/03/2017 at 15:24, David said:

2.4 million sales in the first month 

1 minute ago, JG400 said:

2.4 million sales in the first month 

It was recently revealed that Zelda: Breath of the Wild managed to sell more copies than Nintendo Switch consoles.

A month after the Nintendo Switch release date, Nintendo has released official Breath of the Wild sales stats.

Nintendo Switch sold 906,000 units in its first month on sale, while Breath of the Wild racked up 1.3 million sales between Switch and Wii U.

Bizarrely, however, the Nintendo Switch version sold 925,000 units, which is more than the console itself.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/794691/Nintendo-Switch-SALES-news-more-stock/amp

1 hour ago, David said:

It was recently revealed that Zelda: Breath of the Wild managed to sell more copies than Nintendo Switch consoles.

A month after the Nintendo Switch release date, Nintendo has released official Breath of the Wild sales stats.

Nintendo Switch sold 906,000 units in its first month on sale, while Breath of the Wild racked up 1.3 million sales between Switch and Wii U.

Bizarrely, however, the Nintendo Switch version sold 925,000 units, which is more than the console itself.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/794691/Nintendo-Switch-SALES-news-more-stock/amp

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-sales-hit-24m-worldwide-in-first-m/1100-6449367/

4 hours ago, David said:

"This data comes from SuperData's own modeling, not from Nintendo, so it may not be entirely accurate."

If I was doing some predictive modelling and came up with more games sold than consoles, I'd question my model. I wouldn't publish my stats.

39 minutes ago, JG400 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39728779

BBC good enough , you are right though i was wrong they have sold. 2.7 million in march

Blimey you're desperate! The numbers are what Nintendo have sold, as in direct sales and on to retailers, many will be sat in store warehouses so technically not sold yet. Good job as it only has 2 or 3 games hasn't it? Zelda, Mario Kart and Bomberman, any danger of them actually....creating something new? 

1.2 million shipped to America, 600k Japan and 940k to the rest of the world if you wanted a breakdown.

If it gets anywhere near the numbers of PS4 and Xbox let me know!

18 minutes ago, David said:

Blimey you're desperate! The numbers are what Nintendo have sold, as in direct sales and on to retailers, many will be sat in store warehouses so technically not sold yet. Good job as it only has 2 or 3 games hasn't it? Zelda, Mario Kart and Bomberman, any danger of them actually....creating something new? 

1.2 million shipped to America, 600k Japan and 940k to the rest of the world if you wanted a breakdown.

If it gets anywhere near the numbers of PS4 and Xbox let me know!

Its the end of the football season , :lol:

But seriously "...creating something new?..." that's a bit rich , unless you are referring to those new games on the xbone and PS4 like Fifa., COD , Modern Warfare , or anything by EA etc etc which is why our house hold PS4 is gatheing dust

The only new games coming out now are Indie titles or PC based obscure titles

6 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Its the end of the football season , :lol:

But seriously "...creating something new?..." that's a bit rich , unless you are referring to those new games on the xbone and PS4 like Fifa., COD , Modern Warfare , or anything by EA etc etc which is why our house hold PS4 is gatheing dust

The only new games coming out now are Indie titles or PC based obscure titles

Titanfall, Overwatch, The Division, Rocket League, Star Wars Battlefront....that's off the top of my head.

I don't understand Nintendo's thought process, why not hold back the console until more games were available to release, £280 and one game to play.

The Zelda hype must be wearing off now, Mario Kart is fun don't get me wrong but it's not a game that can hook you for days/hours. Where are the new creative titles, just rely on tried and tested characters. Bit boring that's all.

Archived