Tonight

swadieram

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Sure: Under Pearson in total we had a 21.4% win ratio - This includes simple cup ties vs Grimsby and Carlisle. In the league I believe it was around 11%? With only 1 win out of 12 in the league. 3 out of 14 in total. 

Meanwhile, McClaren's second spell has a 48% win ratio with 12 wins, 6 draws and 7 losses during this spell. So, just from that clearly McClaren has a much better win percentage. 

During the whole spell under Nigel Pearson I believe we only scored 6 goals. (Including the cup games vs league 2 opposition) in which it only took McClaren's Derby 5 league games to match. 

Now I can't find accurate statistics for goals conceded per game under each manager, though I'd suggest we conceded less goals per game under Pearson, but it's hardly surprising with the negative style of play he used.

Overall, I think we can summarise that Pearson had the summer to purchase players and didn't do a good job of it, and McClaren has done a better job without the summer window to work with. 

Good. Thanks. But what if we look at the last say 11 games of Mac compared with the same number of games for Pearson. I suspect the stats will not be so positive for Mac?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Strange yearnings said:

Good. Thanks. But what if we look at the last say 11 games of Mac compared with the same number of games for Pearson. I suspect the stats will not be so positive for Mac?

But why should you do that?

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; 
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise; 

If you can dream- -and not make dreams your master; 
If you can think- -and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:....

Pause. Take a breath...calm. As Sigmund Freud said in that oh so understated way..."All is not always as it seems..."

We are not far away. Look at the bigger picture..We have the squad,and when certain players return {from injury, {and Fulham}}, we have the capability. Plus a couple of ins...it will be different. :mellow: 

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Carson

pearce  (mac might have been involved in his signing or might not but pretty sure mac had left by the time he signed )

Hughes was brought in by clough originally . 

Baird 

I think I'd regard Christie,  lowe,  Ince,  de sart and nugent as unequivocally mac players. 

And I'm one short of the 11......:(

I'd disagree, obviously!! Lol

i can't imagine all those players that came in before clement arrived/thereabouts weren't on a list Mac had put together before being sacked as summer signings. So Carson, Pearce, Ince Baird and Bent(injured last night) I'd say we're all macs signings. Plus de sart and nugent. Then macs had 4 seasons to get rid of Russell Hughes and Christie and hasn't so I'd say although not bought by him, they are his players. He's given Lowe his chance in the first team which only leaves Johnson as a none Mac player that he hasn't had an opportunity to sell out of the starting eleven.

you play with what you've got and you play to there strengths. You play a formation that suits the players not shoe horn players in to a strict formation (square pegs round holes) 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

I'd disagree, obviously!! Lol

i can't imagine all those players that came in before clement arrived/thereabouts weren't on a list Mac had put together before being sacked as summer signings. So Carson, Pearce, Ince Baird and Bent(injured last night) I'd say we're all macs signings. Plus de sart and nugent. Then macs had 4 seasons to get rid of Russell Hughes and Christie and hasn't so I'd say although not bought by him, they are his players. He's given Lowe his chance in the first team which only leaves Johnson as a none Mac player that he hasn't had an opportunity to sell out of the starting eleven.

you play with what you've got and you play to there strengths. You play a formation that suits the players not shoe horn players in to a strict formation (square pegs round holes) 

Ummmm OK

So your criteria for designating a player to be any particular manager's is either......

- said player was signed by the manager, or

- said player was brought into the team by the manager,

Or

- said player was signed possibly with or possibly without the managers knowledge, 

Or 

- said player was known definitely not to have been signed by the manager,  but he didn't take any steps to get rid of them. 

Seems pretty wide. By that set of criteria they're all Pearsons players! No wonder we're falling apart.  Booooooo. .....:lol:

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Ummmm OK

So your criteria for designating a player to be any particular manager's is either......

- said player was signed by the manager, or

- said player was brought into the team by the manager,

Or

- said player was signed possibly with or possibly without the managers knowledge, 

Or 

- said player was known definitely not to have been signed by the manager,  but he didn't take any steps to get rid of them. 

Seems pretty wide. By that set of criteria they're all Pearsons players! No wonder we're falling apart.  Booooooo. .....:lol:

Yes to lol the above ? And if you can't see the sense in it you went to university!!

where did Carson, Baird, bent, Ince, Pearce names come from? Why did we sign them? Some before clement even arrived? Or do we not start looking until June for summer targets?

Yes to lol the above ? And if you can't see the sense in it you went to university!!

where did Carson, Baird, bent, Ince, Pearce names come from? Why did we sign them? Some before clement even arrived? Or do we not start looking until June for summer targets?

Clement and Mac v1 were head coaches I think, so they weren't signing players just coaching whoever got signed. :thumbsup:

All change now tho. Pearson and Mac v2 are managers.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Clement and Mac v1 were head coaches I think, so they weren't signing players just coaching whoever got signed. :thumbsup:

All change now tho. Pearson and Mac v2 are managers.

Ok, so they never had any knowledge of or agreed to sign those players. So their nobodies players then and accountability doesn't start until Pearson? Get real

Ok, so they never had any knowledge of or agreed to sign those players. So their nobodies players then and accountability doesn't start until Pearson? Get real

Read back through some old threads for how the accountabilities work in a head coach set up.

It's all been explained by posters on here before. 

Archived