Tonight

swadieram

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Surely me suggesting you change your tune with every game isn't an insult?

You called me Troll and said I'm not even sure you are a Derby Fan. 

Because I have a different view to you does not mean I am not a Derby fan. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

You called me Troll and said I'm not even sure you are a Derby Fan. 

Because I have a different view to you does not mean I am not a Derby fan. 

I've no idea what you believe, it changes with every game or day even - which is why I suggested you might be a troll or not a Derby fan. You seem to post just for effect.

You say otherwise, perhaps you should consider its not having a different view that confuses posters but having so many seemingly opposing views.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I've no idea what you believe, it changes with every game or day even - which is why I suggested you might be a troll or not a Derby fan. You seem to post just for effect.

You say otherwise, perhaps you should consider its not having a different view that confuses posters but having so many seemingly opposing views.

What I do know is Derby County at the moment are seriously failing. 

It breaks my heart.  

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

What I do know is Derby County at the moment are seriously failing. 

It breaks my heart.  

Again, as I've posted this elsewhere, we're not seriously failing. We're in a bad run of form, we had a bad run of form to start the season, picked up, and have now stalled again. 

We've not been relegated, the club isn't going bust, we're not having to sell our best players, we own our ground. We've hit a bad patch of form in a very competitive league. 

You want seriously failing, go and see how Blackpool, Leyton Orient, or Coventry are doing. 

5 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Again, as I've posted this elsewhere, we're not seriously failing. We're in a bad run of form, we had a bad run of form to start the season, picked up, and have now stalled again. 

We've not been relegated, the club isn't going bust, we're not having to sell our best players, we own our ground. We've hit a bad patch of form in a very competitive league. 

You want seriously failing, go and see how Blackpool, Leyton Orient, or Coventry are doing. 

Oh right we are compared to them now clubs that nearly went bankrupt .

I reiterate we are seriously failing. 

Sad to see mind. 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Oh right we are compared to them now clubs that nearly went bankrupt .

I reiterate we are seriously failing. 

Sad to see mind. 

Yes, I will compare to them because that's what a failing club looks like.

We're mid table in the championship. So how are we seriously failing in your opinion?

2 hours ago, curtains said:

McClaren was brought in to get this group of players playing better than they were under Pearson .

He is primarily a coach on the training ground so no wonder he is having a strop in the tunnel at Blackburn after losing to them with 1 or 2 shots on target .

Wait, I'm confused. Earlier you said he shouldn't be having a strop on his own in the tunnel now you're saying it's hardly surprising. 

5 hours ago, curtains said:

How long does he have to pace the tunnel on his own after a game throwing bottles around according to RD and then more or less blame the players before he needs to go .

Read the end of my post, anybody who wants him gone now are being ridiculous.

some of these players do not have enough between the ears to get us promoted and need to go.

4 hours ago, curtains said:

McClaren was brought in to get this group of players playing better than they were under Pearson .

He is primarily a coach on the training ground so no wonder he is having a strop in the tunnel at Blackburn after losing to them with 1 or 2 shots on target .

And he HAS. They are playing BETTER than they were under Pearson, can you deny that? Stats will prove it. More entertaining, more points, better results. However the PLAYERS aren't good enough, how long can we as Derby fans blame the manager? McClaren hasn't had chance to get his own players in. 

6 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

How the hell do you remember what everybody else put 2, 4 or 5 days ago?

Because I was reading Aston villa thread afterwards and saw liability comment that's why. 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

So how many players exactly aren't Macs? I can only think of Johnson from last nights starting eleven

Carson

pearce  (mac might have been involved in his signing or might not but pretty sure mac had left by the time he signed )

Hughes was brought in by clough originally . 

Baird 

I think I'd regard Christie,  lowe,  Ince,  de sart and nugent as unequivocally mac players. 

And I'm one short of the 11......:(

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Carson

pearce  (mac might have been involved in his signing or might not but pretty sure mac had left by the time he signed )

Hughes was brought in by clough originally . 

Baird 

I think I'd regard Christie,  lowe,  Ince,  de sart and nugent as unequivocally mac players. 

And I'm one short of the 11......:(

Russell (clough)

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

And he HAS. They are playing BETTER than they were under Pearson, can you deny that? Stats will prove it. More entertaining, more points, better results. However the PLAYERS aren't good enough, how long can we as Derby fans blame the manager? McClaren hasn't had chance to get his own players in. 

Can you quote the stats with equivalent number of games etc for both Pearson and Mac?

2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Can you quote the stats with equivalent number of games etc for both Pearson and Mac?

Sure: Under Pearson in total we had a 21.4% win ratio - This includes simple cup ties vs Grimsby and Carlisle. In the league I believe it was around 11%? With only 1 win out of 12 in the league. 3 out of 14 in total. 

Meanwhile, McClaren's second spell has a 48% win ratio with 12 wins, 6 draws and 7 losses during this spell. So, just from that clearly McClaren has a much better win percentage. 

During the whole spell under Nigel Pearson I believe we only scored 6 goals. (Including the cup games vs league 2 opposition) in which it only took McClaren's Derby 5 league games to match. 

Now I can't find accurate statistics for goals conceded per game under each manager, though I'd suggest we conceded less goals per game under Pearson, but it's hardly surprising with the negative style of play he used.

Overall, I think we can summarise that Pearson had the summer to purchase players and didn't do a good job of it, and McClaren has done a better job without the summer window to work with. 

Archived