Brighton and Newcastle 1 and 2

toddy

Just realised both Brighton and Newcastle both been in the top 2 since October.

For me both still the teams to go up in the autos - although Huddersfield might have a say in it.

They both seem so consistent this season and if Brighton get the pts tonight, this might gave them an almighty lift - Newcastle play Huddersfield at the weekend and Reading next Tuesday- so if they get those two wins it would give them a nice gap going into the last 10 games.

I think they will both go up in the auto's.  

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy for Brighton - would be good to see them in the Premier League - similar size club who have succeeded where we have consistently failed. Was hoping Newcastle would get relegated, but I suppose I will just have to be happy with them being out of the league.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Happy for Brighton - would be good to see them in the Premier League - similar size club who have succeeded where we have consistently failed. 

We haven't achieved anything yet. If we don't go up this season you could leapfrog us next season, we'll be losing a few key players if we don't get up.

12 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

We haven't achieved anything yet. If we don't go up this season you could leapfrog us next season, we'll be losing a few key players if we don't get up.

Maybe so Simon.

But we like Brighton and Hughton. 

We don't like fat, sweaty modern day slavers with Spanish waiters in tow quite so much :thumbsup:

I'll be sad to see us in different leagues as I enjoy the trip to the Amex.

Echo the point about Brighton having more depth in their squad than Hudds. Last time around Brighton had a strong first 11, but less to back it up which meant they dropped when injuries started to bite, whereas Burnley and Boro had strong squads so were able to maintain their position in the main (though AK's behind the scenes grief for Boro certainly levelled the playing field a little!)

This time around, it's looking more and more like a closed shop for promotion with 10 games still to go amazingly. The top two are almost nailed on, with only Hudds having any real outside chance of gatecrashing the party. Likewise the top six have broken away for the playoffs, with only realistically Fulham standing an outside chance of muscling their way in.

Archived