Nigel Pearson strikes again

MackworthRamIsGod

Here we are at the business end of the season, we have injuries to two centre backs and find ourselves having to use Chris Baird with absolutely no cover beyond that.

Jake Buxton would be a very welcome replacement tonight, dare I say that even Ryan Shotton Could have done a job, thanks to Pearson for flogging both.

We even have Rawson out on loan at Coventry (although Mac is responsible for that one).

To those Keogh haters, it just lucky we have a defender like Keogh who is able to play so many games consecutively or we would be royally screwed.

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Here we are at the business end of the season, we have injuries to two centre backs and find ourselves having to use Chris Baird with absolutely no cover beyond that.

Its lucky then I guess that our season is over. Not trying to be facetious though, our whole squad needs to be totally reconciled in the summer. 

Ryan shotton was rubbish

Jake - it was time to move on

our decision to loan out rawson 

baird should be ok, he played that position in the past.

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Jake Buxton would be a very welcome replacement tonight, dare I say that even Ryan Shotton Could have done a job, thanks to Pearson for flogging both.

We even have Rawson out on loan at Coventry (although Mac is responsible for that one).

To those Keogh haters, it just lucky we have a defender like Keogh who is able to play so many games consecutively or we would be royally screwed.

Oh come on. I get the 'Pearson Hate, on here, but it is beginning to bore me now.  Can we not forget about him rather than find ever more spurious reasons to blame him for our demise.  How many centre backs are we going to have if we get to the Premier, and have to work with 25 man squad? 

Can't agree with this been Pearson's fault. 

Buxton - His time was up and it was time to say goodbye.

Shotton - He was god awful and needed to go.

If anything, the blame should be with Mac for loaning out Rawson. However I feel that would be very harsh as we had 3 quality CB's all fit & Chris Baird who can play there, all available at the time Rawson went out. 

Shotton wasn't that bad - just a competent centre back at this level, nothing more, nothing less. There were times where he had a bit more intelligence at RB than Christie.

Don't understand why players are either brilliant or awful. Players can just be average. 

It's alright saying we should have kept them, but if Keogh and Shackell were fit, then that's 5 senior players for 2 spots. Can't keep them all happy.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Its lucky then I guess that our season is over. Not trying to be facetious though, our whole squad needs to be totally reconciled in the summer. 

Call me crazy, but if we win tonight we are 7 points off the top 6 with 12 games to go. The season is far from over, although it would take championship winning form to achieve a top 6 finish.

How long are we going to be blaming Pearson for? I swear SM must have the easiest job in the World. He could get relegated next season and some folks would still blame Pearson. 

I love how this was also used to bash the Keogh 'haters'. Somehow not rating a centre half is wrong because he is rarely injured. Ben Fogle is rarely injured. Don't rate him as a CB though. 

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Call me crazy, but if we win tonight we are 7 points off the top 6 with 12 games to go. The season is far from over, although it would take championship winning form to achieve a top 6 finish.

Factually true. The counter argument for me is that the longer we have had poor results,  the less likely it looks that Steve has the answers that are needed for us to go on such a run.

Reminds me a bit of our 2002 relegation. We weren't really adrift and had the occasional decent result  (eg home win over spurs) that gave me hope. However,  the good run needed never quite materialised. 

Of course I'll be rooting for us tonight!  But hope rather than high expectations :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You're crazy,can't see a win tonight which ever way I look at it .Hope I'm wrong .:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We would need to win probably another 7 or 8 from 12 matches and lose 1 or 2 max assuming we win tonight. Other teams above us will go and runs. Plus we are playing poorly. We won't be making the playoffs and doubt we will get anything tonight. maybe next season it will be better

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Whilst I'm all for giving blockhead a good kicking, I can't see the issue in this. 

We had five senior players going for two positions. Shotton and Buxton would have spent the whole season between the bench and the U23's. 

In Bucko's case it was good to let him go for first team football and keeping Shotton when we had an offer for him would have been a total waste of money. 

I think the only real mistake was letting Rawson go out on loan. 

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Even though I have mentally settled for top, 10 that is proper full fan fighting talk .. good on you Mackworth