Robbie Savage, guess the username?

Day

Always remember the time I refused him from travelling to Amsterdam for the mid season game...

Had his wife's passport ... I was more than prepared to do a dodgy and hold the flight as much as I could for him (would do it for any Derby player mind and have done before) so I advised him to get his passport here in a taxi ....

His response .... Do you know how far my backdoor is to my front gates LOL!

I wasn't travelling to the game as was working in the early morning obviously but had a second wind and thought sod it I am going so it goes something like this ...... I changed Sav's booking over for the afternoon flight and made a few calls and what not and had managed to agree to share a taxi with him to the ground which we would have just made on kick off time...

Mick Derby had borrowed the flag for a reserve game at Southend I think it was ... He was on that flight ... So I thought if I am going may as well get the flag across ... I called our agents in Amsterdam to meet Mick Derby on arrival and get his front door key flown back on the flight back so I could nip to his house before getting the afternoon flight ... Unfortunately Mr Derby could not be located on arrival!

Had second thoughts and couldn't justify around £150 for 12 hours in the Netherlands so pulled out. Shame. Sharing a taxi with Sav would have been eventful. Never mind!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, i think i've changed my mind about Savage, i kind of like him now and his hairstyle and approachable manner and come to think of it he was a fabulous player for us and kept the morale high by owning the most expensive sports car and wearing the most brilliant clothes.  He's a terrific pundit too, has decades ahead of him.  Love the guy

32 minutes ago, ramit said:

You know, i think i've changed my mind about Savage, i kind of like him now and his hairstyle and approachable manner and come to think of it he was a fabulous player for us and kept the morale high by owning the most expensive sports car and wearing the most brilliant clothes.  He's a terrific pundit too, has decades ahead of him.  Love the guy

We know its not you, good effort though.

13 hours ago, therams69 said:

Always remember the time I refused him from travelling to Amsterdam for the mid season game...

Had his wife's passport ... I was more than prepared to do a dodgy and hold the flight as much as I could for him (would do it for any Derby player mind and have done before) so I advised him to get his passport here in a taxi ....

I wasn't travelling to the game as was working in the early morning obviously but had a second wind and thought sod it I am going so it goes something like this ...... I changed Sav's booking over for the afternoon flight and made a few calls and what not and had managed to agree to share a taxi with him to the ground which we would have just made on kick off time...

Mick Derby had borrowed the flag for a reserve game at Southend I think it was ... He was on that flight ... So I thought if I am going may as well get the flag across ... I called our agents in Amsterdam to meet Mick Derby on arrival and get his front door key flown back on the flight back so I could nip to his house before getting the afternoon flight ... Unfortunately Mr Derby could not be located on arrival!

Had second thoughts and couldn't justify around £150 for 12 hours in the Netherlands so pulled out. Shame. Sharing a taxi with Sav would have been eventful. Never mind!

I'd rather share a taxi with Mick Derby than Sav!......and I have!......went to a reserves game down in Southampton quite a few years back, when I'd take a week's holiday to come down, taking 3 Derby games in the week, plus a reserves game. Danny Higginbotham era.

PS I bet Sav's wife's passport photo looked more like a bloke than Sav's does!

17 hours ago, therams69 said:

The multi millionaire Robert Savage was going to let you pay half of a taxi fair that you had arranged to get him to the ground, so he wouldn't get fined for missing a game because of his own incompetence?

Really?

what a tossed salad he really is.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

The multi millionaire Robert Savage was going to let you pay half of a taxi fair that you had arranged to get him to the ground, so he wouldn't get fined for missing a game because of his own incompetence?

Really?

what a tossed salad he really is.

One way to find out of savage is on here would to ask "would you like your salad tossed by Robbie Savage"

The real sav would say yes before googling it.

Never had a prob with savage,he is what he is and has done well for himself considering he was an average pro. Think the hype of being on motd montage gave him house hold name status which he has managed to milk and continue to stay in the media. Dont agree with his punditry most of the time,but i have met him and he seamed a nice enough fella.Goof luck to the guy for making the most of his talent,def over excelled and fef a blue nose rather than a ram

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

it's @Bris Vegas

#ITK

:ph34r:

I'm still partly convinced that @Ninos is Tom Ince (due to his loathing of Chris Martin) and I've a half notion that @ronnieronalde is someone very close to Nigel Clough.

Actually ... Im not Thomas, honestly, and I don't loathe him he just prefers to play alongside Benty. Plus Thomas and Crissy aren't on the same footballing wavelength. Notice this season Thomas doesn't flap at teammates, at least post Burton away. With Crissy it's in his genes to moan. He winds me up.

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Actually ... Im not Thomas, honestly, and I don't loathe him he just prefers to play alongside Benty. Plus Thomas and Crissy aren't on the same footballing wavelength. Notice this season Thomas doesn't flap at teammates, at least post Burton away. With Crissy it's in his genes to moan. He winds me up.

Maybe Tom's improvement this year has come from having Baird play behind him a lot of the time?

Nowt wrong with a good moaner :whistle:

Archived