Formula One World Championship

RicME85

23 hours ago, Zag zig said:

:lol: 

Not going to happen though is it Eddie, they are already planning their 3rd star dontcha know ;)

Meanwhile back on the F1 thread, or should I say Indy 500, chances of Fernando hitting pole?

5th. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Yep, no Nigel Mansell is he ;)

Mansell qualified 8th on his Indy debut, 5 races into his debut IndyCar season - Alonso's qualified 3 places higher having never tried one before this month. Incredible effort.

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

Mansell qualified 8th on his Indy debut, 5 races into his debut IndyCar season - Alonso's qualified 3 places higher having never tried one before this month. Incredible effort.

But would he win an Indy car title? Probably and I wouldn't be surprised if that's his aim if McLaren don't show massive signs of improvement this season.

Sith Happens
43 minutes ago, davenportram said:

But would he win an Indy car title? Probably and I wouldn't be surprised if that's his aim if McLaren don't show massive signs of improvement this season.

i dont know if possible, but makes me wonder if he has a great result if he might end up staying out there.

Sith Happens
Just now, davenportram said:

Any things possible for the right price.

Might be a way to keep him happy, he is clearly not at mcclaren.

7 hours ago, Duracell said:

Thanks for correcting me, I was talking totally off the top of my head and it showed.

Still think he will do well to win, if he does I'll give him all the plaudits he deserves.

Horrible qualifying for Hamilton and he is actually starting at 12th place due other drivers penalties etc. Anything can happen tomorrow though. 

#TeamLH 

15 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Hamitlon 13th on the grid for Monaco, Ferrari front row Raikkonen pole though,

15 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Hamitlon 13th on the grid for Monaco, Ferrari front row Raikkonen pole though,

Think that Raikkonen will allow Vettel through to win the race and bag some more world championship points

Monaco isn't a track for overtaking, that's why I've put a fiver on Hamilton finishing on the podium, if anyone can Hamilton can. 10/1.

Starting 12th has just made the race even more entertaining, never understand the love for Monaco, kinda boring track if you take away all the rich boys and surroundings. 

Hamilton will push it, probably end up in the wall but like I say, never know.

Live on C4 this one for those without Sky

3 hours ago, David said:

Monaco isn't a track for overtaking , that's why I've put a fiver on Hamilton finishing on the podium :blink:, if anyone can Hamilton can. 10/1.

Starting 12th has just made the race even more entertaining, never understand the love for Monaco, kinda boring track if you take away all the rich boys and surroundings. 

Good job you don't gamble big! Yeah so boring any attempt at over taking ends up in a crash, see Button.

Hamilton did well to get 7th really. Might have got 6th had it not been for the safety car helping cool Saint tyres. Only half watched the last 30 laps,

Monaco aside from the glitz is actually super boring once the qualifying is done. Get the start out the way and it's pretty much 70 plus laps of yawn.

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

Talk about overtaking...anyone watching Indy?

Alonso started poorly, but overtook his way to 1st, before race was stopped by a red flag.

Huge crash. 

Retired when 6th, not bad for a rookie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton back with a comfortable controlled win, after Vettel had early shunt and fought back to 4th.

Lead down to 12 points, this season is probably going to be the most closely fought for years.....at long last!

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

After loving F1 since I was 13,I really couldn't give a rat's arse about this season.....really not interested and finding it all so dull.

F1 normally fills in for Derby during closed season but I've found touring cars more interesting.

Im struggling with it this year. Still watching 'when i can' but not going out my way to do so.

Archived