Formula One World Championship

RicME85

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Might be a fun race today with Lewis starting at the back, be nice to see Kimi do something today.

Lewis showed why he is champion and though it may sound harsh, why Bottas never will be. Too easy for Vettel, Raikonnen playing patsy to him did just enough to keep Hamilton off the podium.

Good to see Alonso inching slightly more competitive in qualifying and racing, Maclaren still have a lot to do though. Red Bull still a bit to find on the top 2 teams too, the way Max succumbed to Lewis.

Hamilton was good to watch today and made it interesting.

On 11/12/2017 at 08:36, Paul71 said:

Might be a fun race today with Lewis starting at the back, be nice to see Kimi do something today.

When I was a kid, I used to go to Hot Rod racing. All the races started with the best drivers at the back of the grid - made for some great racing....

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

When I was a kid, I used to go to Hot Rod racing. All the races started with the best drivers at the back of the grid - made for some great racing....

That would be brilliant. Imagine how exciting the races, and the season, would be if you had to start in the grid the opposite of wherever you were in the overall standings. The best racers would have to work their way through the pack, and wouldn’t always make it. The worst racers would start from poll, and could even hold it to the end on tracks where it’s hard to overtake, which would really shake up the standings. 

8 hours ago, Gaspode said:

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

That would be brilliant. Imagine how exciting the races, and the season, would be if you had to start in the grid the opposite of wherever you were in the overall standings. The best racers would have to work their way through the pack, and wouldn’t always make it. The worst racers would start from poll, and could even hold it to the end on tracks where it’s hard to overtake, which would really shake up the standings. 

Will never happen of course. There has always been a couple of manufacturers that have had the better cars ever since i can remember, williams did for a long time, maclaren, benneton, ferrari, etc etc.

Would be good though maybe if they could have say one race when the season is over thats non championship where each driver draws lots to see which car they drive on the grid, with the rule they cant end up in their own car.

Would be interesting then just to see how those that are at the back fare and those at the front, of course hamilton could get a ferarri and so on but law of averages says you are going to end up with some of the back markers in a ferrari or merc or red bull and one of the front runners in a sauber and so on.

I know a lot of people say its the car that wins it, and it may well still prove to be, but i would be willing to bet if you had a palmer type driver in a merc and hamilton in say a force india then hamilton will be a damn site closer to the merc than force india normally get.

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

That would essentially happen organically if they got rid of the stupid blue flag rule when lapping cars.

In endurance racing, blue flags are only there to warn the other drivers that a faster car is about to lap them - but it's not an instruction to get out of the way. It's the faster drivers' job to overtake the lapped car. It's a skill.

And here's the kind of racing that produces.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived