DCFC:"Why havent We renewed yet?"

FindernRam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter if we have a crap season ,come the summer hope will spring eternal a couple of players will arrive after 100 pages on this forum .

We will all be jizzing ourselves about winning the league , there 's no one more optimistic [delusional] than football fans.

Haven't renewed yet and am having a deep think about it.  Nothing to do with the football as I still enjoy it.  It's just the terrible public transport from the north of Derbyshire.  High Peak Buses to be exact.  A midweek game is an overnight stop in a hotel which is usually about £70.  That's if I can get a day, (sometimes two), off work which I don't know till late on.  On a Saturday, there is a bus from Derby at 10 to 6 but after that it's a 4 hour break with the last been 10 to 10.  Also, High Peak Buses aren't reliable.  Me and quite a few others had the 4 hour wait only the other week.  The rumour is that the 10 to 10 bus is going too.  I do drive but it doesn't go with my pre match tour of pubs on my way to the match.  

I'll be renewing just before the cut off as normal, but I agree with Findern in some ways. I've been built up with hope and smashed back down by reality so many times, I start to wonder if it's worth the emotional energy I expend, let alone the cash and time.

We aren't horrible enough is one thing. Tom Ince getting booked in the last 5 against Burton was great. We should have half a dozen frustrated and angry players out there desperate to win and kicking anything in range if it's going wrong. You should know that if you're going to leave PPS with anything you're going to have to play well and count the bruises. Last time we went up it was all very much dogs of war, and the time before that we had DPFG, Carso, RVdL, Igor and others who could be nasty ********. Too much Butterfield floating around looking for dainty dinks over the defence, not enough Seth Johnson putting people on their arse. I want skill, pace and flashy football of course, if you can deliver it DCFC, but give me a basis of aggression and commitment all day long and I'll never once consider not renewing.

The real reason I haven't renewed yet is I like to put as many paydays between me and the renewal as possible so sometime after March 25th

My pretend angry reason is that I would like to here a bit of strategic thinking from the board i.e.

Like:

1. We know the performances are not the best and we have a bloated and  underwhelming squad, how will (if at all) this be addressed in the summer
  2. I would like to hear some views on youth development its been a long time since a attacking player broke through into the team 

Just a couple but I would love to hear intent rather than platitudes like 'We have an exciting Squad' when to me it appears jaded 

Not renewed yet as I'm mentally exhausted. The Zamora goal hurt, but on the back of it I always thought the players would be hurting like me and put it right. Fast forward and they never have and now are producing performances well below what they're getting paid. This all adds to a lot of frustration which some take out at matches hurling obscenities, others use this forum. Me I just except what's served up but it's getting more difficult to go because there just seems no excitement, just disappointment.

I take my hat off to Mel for putting so much money into the club and he will be again up for the challenge next year. He is currently the only reason why I will renew for next season. 

I agree with the part about not having a star player someone who stands out a real wild card who can make things happen our closest is Ince but he doesn't seem consistent enough he's either on it or he really isn't and becomes invisible. We seem to have a lot of average players .

1 hour ago, S Hunter said:

Haven't renewed yet and am having a deep think about it.  Nothing to do with the football as I still enjoy it.  It's just the terrible public transport from the north of Derbyshire.  High Peak Buses to be exact.  A midweek game is an overnight stop in a hotel which is usually about £70.  That's if I can get a day, (sometimes two), off work which I don't know till late on.  On a Saturday, there is a bus from Derby at 10 to 6 but after that it's a 4 hour break with the last been 10 to 10.  Also, High Peak Buses aren't reliable.  Me and quite a few others had the 4 hour wait only the other week.  The rumour is that the 10 to 10 bus is going too.  I do drive but it doesn't go with my pre match tour of pubs on my way to the match.  

You had my sympathy until I read that the only reason you don't drive to matches is so that you can have a few drinks.

Personal choice obviously but you'd rather spend £70 on a stopover and/or catch unreliable buses at silly o'clock than miss a pint or two? Doesn't sound like you enjoy the football as much as your beer:)

I haven't renewed as I've just finished paying for this one and I'm going to have a month off having to pay.

Also, if they wan't to phone me, they'll have to give me three rings, put the phone down, then ring back, it's the only way I know it's someone I know, otherwise, talk to the answer machine.

BTW - what do I do about changing seats. I'm in SWU and I go up the steps from the concourse, then down about 4 steps. If i went UP about 4 steps, it's £100 cheaper up there......if i buy my usual seat, can I then change it on changeover day, or will they not let me as I'm then buying a cheaper seat??  Maybe I ought to ask them. 

I have renewed because I have done so for the last 35 years, the one thing that does annoy me is being asked to do so in February which is very poor, keep it in May like it should be! 

I like the the beer, banter, food and something to do, I have watched many a crap season and just recently the only problem is the frustration I feel with having finance injected into the ream and very little to show for it.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

You had my sympathy until I read that the only reason you don't drive to matches is so that you can have a few drinks.

Personal choice obviously but you'd rather spend £70 on a stopover and/or catch unreliable buses at silly o'clock than miss a pint or two? Doesn't sound like you enjoy the football as much as your beer:)

Over an hours drive doesn't do my arthritic knee any good.  4 or 5 pints also numbs the pain.  I'm just a moaning old git really.:thumbsup:

Archived