DCFC:"Why havent We renewed yet?"

FindernRam

15 minutes ago, wingfieldram said:

its a great day out for the family, it bonds us

That's a great reason.

It doesn't make any financial sense for me to renew, my lads moved into an adult category, he works Friday and Saturday nights, so Sky moves/late ko's increasingly rule games out.

However, that time we spend together is our time, now he's a young man it's pretty much the only time we spend just the two of us, and I know he loves it, as do I.

If I don't renew, I know I'll find other things to do, and that time will become less and less.

I wait until the week before the cut-off, but that's just to get the interest in my Bank, there's a lot to be said for just turning up at the same turnstile and going up the same steps match in match out to the same seat, and there's just enough nice people around us to drown out the moaning!

The fact I can now send the lad down early to get the half time pints in no way has swayed my decision, even if I don't see the change!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

There's a huge difference between ambition and expectation. Maybe some of the fans are as guilty as the board?

Pretty similar but ambition with no real plan is far worse. Size of club alone creates expectation, and I think everyone in England, not just Derby fans expect us to be far better

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

That's a great reason.

It doesn't make any financial sense for me to renew, my lads moved into an adult category, he works Friday and Saturday nights, so Sky moves/late ko's increasingly rule games out.

However, that time we spend together is our time, now he's a young man it's pretty much the only time we spend just the two of us, and I know he loves it, as do I.

If I don't renew, I know I'll find other things to do, and that time will become less and less.

I wait until the week before the cut-off, but that's just to get the interest in my Bank, there's a lot to be said for just turning up at the same turnstile and going up the same steps match in match out to the same seat, and there's just enough nice people around us to drown out the moaning!

The fact I can now send the lad down early to get the half time pints in no way has swayed my decision, even if I don't see the change!

Spot on, Dads and lads.. Little Angry and myself are the same, it's our time, it's who we are and we both love it.

We don't have season tickets but that is not a protest or anything, same as you he works now and we thought games might be harder to get to especially midweek games. Not been an issue though. Leave London at 4 and can still make it. He misses a couple when on call... 

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

That's a great reason.

Totally agree although I'd like to know what bank pays interest that is worth keeping your money in until the last minute.

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Pretty similar but ambition with no real plan is far worse. Size of club alone creates expectation, and I think everyone in England, not just Derby fans expect us to be far better

That's a fair point, there does seem to be puzzlement from outside the fanbase as to how we're not much further forward after the last few years.

I suppose you could level the same comment at Forest, Leeds, Sheff Weds and a few more though, even Sheff Utd in the league below.

At least as Derby fans, we can see some mitigation from our perspective, as I'm sure the fans of the above clubs do too, who have all performed generally worse than us since leaving the top flight.

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Totally agree although I'd like to know what bank pays interest that is worth keeping your money in until the last minute.

Ha ha, I'm currently pulling in a whole 0.25pc via NatwestOne.

Over a season, it equates to one free park at Premier Inn!

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Had a call today from DCFC wanting to know why we haven't renewed. That got my back up straight off

I'm having the same kind of calls from 25 Beautiful Homes magazine and i just don't know what to do. But the content is just not what it was when i first signed up. An aluminium side table painted yellow for £800!? Who wants that?? I just feel like it's a waste of my time reading it. And I'm not joking here - last month i actually counted how many homes were featured in the magazine and there were 23! Two less than I'd paid for! God knows how many times they've been getting away with that deception!

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

I am with you, Findern.

After working a 13 hour day, I got to the Bristol game too late for food before kick-off, Such was the state of play that for the first time ever I went down early at half-time for a pie and a pint, and in reality wanted to carry on going out of the ground. I did watch the second half, knowing that if we got a draw most people would be raving about our character, despite the fact that we should be putting 5 or 6 past teams like Bristol City. I had also gone all the way to Newcastle with my son and daughter where, with the exception of about 20 minutes in the second half, only the fans turned up. Then there was the Burton match. And yet again, all those things you itemised were on full display. We should have taken Burton to the cleaners, but never seemed that bothered. And that is the problem - more often than not the players (and the management/coaching team by association) won't put the effort in. Yes they run around a bit, but never seem to show enough committment or concern.

As we walked home through the car park after the Burton mismatch we looked at all the Maseratis, Mercs, Jags, Ferraris and so on owned my incredibly rich players, who earn get given more money in a week than most fans earn in a year, knowing that if most of those fans did their job like Derby County do theirs, we would be sacked. Rather than asking us "When are we going to renew?", or offering a free bus ride, Mel and his boys should be offering us free matches/refunds for the tosh which they have been dishing up.

I probably will renew, but my self and my kids have gone from seeing us being in the South Stand till we die to having to think hard and long about renewing. I have posted elsewhere, I will probably actually renew on April 1st, and hope DCFC get the point. ALthough it is likely to be us who are the fools for renewing.

Don't forget Abdul's Vauxhall Zafira 

42 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

That's a great reason.

Still going to renew but still getting over spending  £300 quid at Newcastle 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

That's a great reason.

My daughter is at uni now but makes it back for most matches. She gets a proper ale education in the brunswick. It all adds to the day.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I'm having the same kind of calls from 25 Beautiful Homes magazine and i just don't know what to do. But the content is just not what it was when i first signed up. An aluminium side table painted yellow for £800!? Who wants that?? I just feel like it's a waste of my time reading it. And I'm not joking here - last month i actually counted how many homes were featured in the magazine and there were 23! Two less than I'd paid for! God knows how many times they've been getting away with that deception!

I have the same subscription. Rest assured, some months they feature 28/29 houses. Sleep easy mate, you are quids in!

Archived